Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 10:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,252,850 times

Advertisements

I read about his life today.

Then, I read the comments. All throughout, almost every other comment had to do with the times back then, what the show taught them as children and that each episode had a meaning. You learned something.

I remember watching - maybe I was 5 - and then there were reruns. My parents were pretty strict about TV.

I watched episodes with my own children in the late 80's and 90's - I think they were on Nickelodeon.

Over and over, someone would comment about how the show helped their life, shaped their life and what they learned from it. Also, many mentioned etiquette and manners.

Since this forum skews older, I'm sure most remember this show.

Did it shape your life? Did you learn something?

My own children really loved Lucy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 10:12 PM

88,636 posts, read 84,911,862 times
I liked Leave It To Beaver. When I watched it in reruns as an adult, I noticed that they dealt with some significant subjects for its time. One when the alcohol handyman falls off the wagon and Beaver gives him some rum. A couple of times Ward mentions his father beating him when he was a kid growing up on a farm.

Couldn't stand Lucy. Silly and always looking for attention.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:14 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,615,471 times
Liked the Beav & Wally, enjoyed Eddie Haskell too - he probably was the most sucessfull in his later fictional life since he always told people what they wanted to hear, not the truth.

Also Paul Sorvino & David Warner.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:22 AM

538 posts, read 539,746 times
I remember the episode when June said to Ward, “Gee Ward, don’t you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night?”

Old 07-28-2022, 09:43 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,071,651 times
A friend from work liked to watch the show. This was about 20 years ago, and he was in his 40s at the time. He said he wished his life was like Ward Cleaver's life, instead of his stress-filled existence with a high-pressure job and relationship problems. I guess watching the show was his way of decompressing.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:45 AM

26,657 posts, read 28,718,912 times
I liked that show and it was one that we watched every week. My little sister used to say that she was "the Beave" and I was Wally. I didn't particularly agree. It was a good show.

I LOVED Lucy. She played a whacky but smart woman and some of the episodes were absolutely hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement