Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 12:11 PM

22 posts, read 128,302 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows anything about the reputation of Fleetwood Management?

They own these properties:

Rumford (East Providence)
Rumford Court Apartments

101/111 North Broadway

East Side of Providence
Various East Side/Wayland Square locations

Cranston
Norwood Apartments

185 Norwood Avenue

Warwick
Governor Francis Apartments
10 Partition Street

Taylor Court Apartments
699 Church Avenue & 2060 Warwick Avenue

Hollow Crest Apartments
3459 Post Road
Warwick RI

Hillcrest Apartments
3495 Post Road
Warwick RI

Narragansett
Riverside Court Townhouses

140 Bridgetown Road

I am interested, in particular, in the property on 3459 Post Rd, Warwick, RI (Hollow Crest), but I cannot find one bit of information or reviews for this apartment complex.

Thanks for any help you can offer!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe410 View Post
Hello All,

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows anything about the reputation of Fleetwood Management?

Rumford Court Apartments
101/111 North Broadway

East Side of Providence

Cranston
Norwood Apartments
185 Norwood Avenue

Warwick
10 Partition Street

Taylor Court Apartments

Hollow Crest Apartments
3459 Post Road
Warwick RI

Hillcrest Apartments
3495 Post Road
Warwick RI

Narragansett
140 Bridgetown Road

I am interested, in particular, in the property on 3459 Post Rd, Warwick, RI (Hollow Crest), but I cannot find one bit of information or reviews for this apartment complex.

Sorry, don't know. But you can Google them. I have no info on that particular company; they are not one of the major apartment cos. in RI from what I recall. And that is why they are not on apartmentguide.com or any of the other apt. sites. But that doesn't mean they are not successful, just that they don't pay to join those sites.

You could also call the Better Business Bureau in RI.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:00 AM

215 posts, read 307,982 times
Quote:
Hello All,

Rumford Court Apartments
101/111 North Broadway

East Side of Providence

Cranston
Norwood Apartments
185 Norwood Avenue

Warwick
10 Partition Street

Taylor Court Apartments

Hollow Crest Apartments
3459 Post Road
Warwick RI

Hillcrest Apartments
3495 Post Road
Warwick RI

Narragansett
140 Bridgetown Road

Lived at Hollow Crest many years ago...not sure if it was Fleetwood Property Management at the time...but then, apartments were nice. But from the first day I had moved in, there were dead/live fleas throughout the apartment and after many calls to management, sending "exterminator' to fix the problem, still had the same problem. I guess the previous renter had a cat, which I am allergic. I asked for an apartment where the current/previous renter had no cats. Anyway, I moved after 3 months-yes, broke lease, with no problems, thankfully. My friend, who lived there, too, told me after I had moved, they finally removed the carpet! What I wanted done in the first place. I moved right down the same street, Post Rd., to Brookside Village...was very happy there!

Last edited by me in RI; 02-14-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: sp.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM

22 posts, read 128,302 times
Default Thanks for your response -- Fleetwood Management: Any reviews or information???

Very sorry about your flea issue...that must have been awful!
Were you charged anything for breaking your lease?

May I ask how long you stayed at Brookside? That one seems very nice also...great location.

Could you smell cigarette smoke from other apartments or in the halls?

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:32 AM

215 posts, read 307,982 times
Quote:
Very sorry about your flea issue...that must have been awful!
Were you charged anything for breaking your lease?

May I ask how long you stayed at Brookside? That one seems very nice also...great location.

Could you smell cigarette smoke from other apartments or in the halls?

Thanks.
No, I was not charged anything, thankfully
I lived at Brookside for 3 years...loved it! Perfect location. This was about 20 years ago, though.
Just be careful, because Cowesett Hills is also in the same complex and managed by the same company. Those apartments/conditions are not as nice. Also, check out apartmentratings.com
And lastly, no, never smelled cigarette smoke, so being a non-smoker, I was happy about that.
Good luck!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:04 PM

3 posts, read 17,461 times
I'm currently living at Hollow Crest apartments owned by Fleetwood Management and have been for the last year. Definitely one of their nicer maintained properties. Unassigned parking lot with enough for residents and visitors. I live on the third floor and what's nice is there's an elevator there. On the second and third floor there are two washers and two dryers each.

All their units in that building are one bedroom and it's laid out the way you see it on their website floor plans. I'm paying about $730 a month. No utitilies included but I haven't had to pay more than $100 for the cold season if I have to crank the heat up. Everything is electric and self contained with the water boiler in the unit as well as the fuse box in the bedroom. It's wired up for Verizon FIOS but I use COX for internet which was my cheapest and only option sadly.

Still I enjoy living here. It's across from a cemetary so it's plenty quiet :P Also close to the highways and Bald Hill road where all the businesses are.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:31 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpplaque View Post
I'm currently living at Hollow Crest apartments owned by Fleetwood Management and have been for the last year. Definitely one of their nicer maintained properties. Unassigned parking lot with enough for residents and visitors. I live on the third floor and what's nice is there's an elevator there. On the second and third floor there are two washers and two dryers each.

All their units in that building are one bedroom and it's laid out the way you see it on their website floor plans. I'm paying about $730 a month. No utitilies included but I haven't had to pay more than $100 for the cold season if I have to crank the heat up. Everything is electric and self contained with the water boiler in the unit as well as the fuse box in the bedroom. It's wired up for Verizon FIOS but I use COX for internet which was my cheapest and only option sadly.

Still I enjoy living here. It's across from a cemetary so it's plenty quiet :P Also close to the highways and Bald Hill road where all the businesses are.
Explain to me how you heat a 1 bedroom for 100 bucks a month? That can't be possible, unless you're never home Just electricity is like 55/month with no heat/hotwater or a/c.
Just for hot water and electric I pay 90 a month during say septemeber when I'm not using heat or a/c. That's just for electric and h/w just for me. 250-300/month electric bill is the norm for one bedroom in January in any apt I've had and I've had many. I don't live in your place thogh.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Explain to me how you heat a 1 bedroom for 100 bucks a month? That can't be possible, unless you're never home Just electricity is like 55/month with no heat/hotwater or a/c.
Just for hot water and electric I pay 90 a month during say septemeber when I'm not using heat or a/c. That's just for electric and h/w just for me. 250-300/month electric bill is the norm for one bedroom in January in any apt I've had and I've had many. I don't live in your place thogh.
This winter has been pretty mild in my opinion compared to last year, but I'm on the third floor so perhaps my neighbors downstairs just has their heat cranked up pretty high as my apartment temperatures has not dropped to below 70 degrees. I'm also pretty warm blooded and sometimes break out the Snuggie if I need to.

I work 9 - 5 days and I usually have my computer on 24 hours (probably adds to the heat). I usually cook a few times a week and probably use my unit's dishwasher twice a week. Generally I only have a lamp on in my living room which is more than enough since it's using a 100 Watt CFL. I've looked over my bills with National Grid and since I've moved here since 12/2010, I've averaged around $60 a month with a high of $94 on 1/2011-2/2011 and a low of $43 on 5/2011 - 6/2011.

Lifestyle, size of the apartment (~775 sq ft), electricity efficiency, and maybe luck?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
An old friend of mine is wanting to move back to RI, but is looking for a nice quiet large one bedroom apartment .... he said reasonable, not over $900. Preferably adult only complex. About 800 sq ft will do it. Not in or close to Providence pls. Safe quiet area, even maybe in an owner occupied nice home.

I have no suggestions except the usual apartment guides and am not turning up much.

Any hints ? thanks !

Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
An old friend of mine is wanting to move back to RI, but is looking for a nice quiet large one bedroom apartment .... he said reasonable, not over $900. Preferably adult only complex. About 800 sq ft will do it. Not in or close to Providence pls. Safe quiet area, even maybe in an owner occupied nice home.

I have no suggestions except the usual apartment guides and am not turning up much.

Any hints ? thanks !
Personally I recommend using Apartments for Rent - PadMapper Apartment Search for Oodle, Apartments.com, Rent.com, Kijiji, and Craigslist Apartments. A very handy website for doing the manually grunt-work. It uses Google Maps to map out apartment listings from Craigslist, Apartments.com, Rent.com. Use the "Show More Filters" to filter listings to what your friend is looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island