Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 7,570 times

Advertisements

Besides people with spring clothes in summer and some holding umbrellas on beaches, all that one sees when driving by on the beach roads are women with old shorts carrying belly fat. There are many women who are shy of wearing bikinis that the ones who wear put towels in front fo them or even hold chair to hide their bellies. No, they are not all pregnant. This may be on account of Rhode Island's poor economy and high unemployment rate. Horrible place to find a job or even do business. Men and women look depressed as well.

Narragansett, Scarborough, Westerly, James town beaches etc, all smell bad with rotten sea weeds. It's not a tourist attraction anymore. Just a place to see bunch of sad people wandering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 04:05 PM

9,287 posts, read 14,897,165 times
They're mostly visitors from CT like you and when you grow up you'll probably have a fat stomach too.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararhody View Post
Besides people with spring clothes in summer and some holding umbrellas on beaches, all that one sees when driving by on the beach roads are women with old shorts carrying belly fat. There are many women who are shy of wearing bikinis that the ones who wear put towels in front fo them or even hold chair to hide their bellies. No, they are not all pregnant. This may be on account of Rhode Island's poor economy and high unemployment rate. Horrible place to find a job or even do business. Men and women look depressed as well.

Narragansett, Scarborough, Westerly, James town beaches etc, all smell bad with rotten sea weeds. It's not a tourist attraction anymore. Just a place to see bunch of sad people wandering.
if i may quote Jack Nicholson's character in the movie The Bucket List; "nobody cares what you think."

Old 07-10-2012, 05:27 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,972,860 times
Quote:
It's not a tourist attraction anymore. Just a place to see bunch of sad people wandering.
Then don't come here. I'm sure we will all get along just fine without you.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM

688 posts, read 2,134,649 times
Quote:
There are many women who are shy of wearing bikinis that the ones who wear put towels in front fo them or even hold chair to hide their bellies.
No, no, they hold the chairs to keep the lions away!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:59 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,112 times
now being honest here, i am not a RI resident, but have frequently visited friends in the narragansett area. and not summer only, but all seasons. i found the area to be charming as all hell, even in winter. i havent been there since last year but every time my wife and i leave we spend the 4 hour drive home to PA talking about if we would like living there or not. and that is a big deal for my wife to consider living that far from her parents. the OP talks about "men and women look depressed too". i dont even know what to say about that. depression is a nationwide epidemic, douche.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,967 times
hmmm I go to Rhode Island beaches for the views and the sun. Not to judge the other people there. Maybe you should look in the mirror for awhile to see what it is you hate about yourself and/or your life that you are misdirecting your frustration towards people who didn't do a thing to you and could care less what you think of them

Old 07-11-2012, 09:48 AM

352 posts, read 780,824 times
Imagine...the ocean has seaweed, how strange......

I love Rhode Island beaches. Most people don't go to the beach to critique how others look, most people want to relax, get some sun and in my case, see some big waves!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 AM

754 posts, read 1,017,772 times
newport beaches are a bit disappointing

Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 PM

23,541 posts, read 18,687,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
newport beaches are a bit disappointing
Have you been to 2nd Beach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island