Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 05:57 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,368,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch10 View Post
Considering that this thread has already been hijacked...

First this....

And then this...

Ok, so the only way one can speak intelligently on the subject of economics is to google
the name Elizabeth Warren? And a demonstration of the knowledge gleaned from studying the work of Ms. Warren is Mr Waves claim that were Jesus were alive today he too would be a victim of predatory lending and would be unable to secure credit at a reasonable rate? Unfortunately this is the type of silliness that passes for "making sense" in wavehunter's world. Everyone is a victim aren't they. I must be super duper smart or in Mr Waves world super duper privileged or lucky to have a good paying job, my own home and a decent credit rating that allowed me to get a traditional mortage with a low fixed rate. How could I accomplish all this with big business, special interests and Bush Co. running the country??? Hell, I must be bigger than Jesus! Hey Marc if you live in a dream world I'm right there with you.
Well dutchie, I don’t think your were paying attention…….

Certainly there are people who know a great deal about about economics and social change today, but try to find a single, all encompassing study, poll, or volume, on what’s wong in America today – and you’ll come away even more confused. Elizabeth Warren did a social and economic study without an agenda (a rare thing today) – and found out facts that generally **** off the conservatives.

And I quote your words “Unfortunately this is the type of silliness that passes for "making sense" in wavehunter's world. Everyone is a victim aren't they. I must be super duper smart or in Mr Waves world super duper privileged or lucky to have a good paying job, my own home and a decent credit rating that allowed me to get a traditional mortage with a low fixed rate.

Ah once again twisting the facts, NO ONE ever said that. What I did say, and Harvard University agrees, is that a significant amount of financial hardship or finanical problems is not from over spending (the conservative myth), it’s cancer, hurricanes, intensive care, divorce, job loss, death…etc. I accomplished the same things you did (I probably have a better paying job, and a home worth more) ….but do I stand on my front lawn and say “ I got mine screw the rest of you. My ego doesn’t need for me to have something my neighbor can’t have for me to feel good about myself. If you full of **** consertives belived your own crap – you would at least belive what he ment when he said ‘If you do it to the least of mine..you’re doing it to me. I will NEVER worship money…I worship the sun, the rain, and a type of beauty you would never understand.

PS. I love how Obama scares you guys…..

PS 2 …Thank you Micky2 - it takes a “real human” to admit when his or her generation has been greedy. I’am no spry boy myself – I’am 40! But the truth is always still the truth!

PS 3 I read your link Rnrboy..........it's so sad. These old money people can't die off fast enough for me.

Last edited by wavehunter007; 01-01-2008 at 06:21 PM..

Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,550 times
We are considering retiring to RI. Our other choices are Brattleboro, VT and Auburn/Lewiston ME. Any ideas? We have two years to figure out and area to move to.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc melchiori View Post
I can pay for the bypass. Death seen wnough of it in Korea to be OK with it, bruied my first born when he was still a babe of 6. No fella I'm older than a boomer... much older. When I was your age, I did't spend my time crying like a toddler. I got up one day and began to amass wealth and a degree of power along the way saw the world with help from Uncle Sam. I have still got lots of life left and for the next 20 years will be your ugly, prunish, boney shadow.

Amass weatlth and power.......that's is without doubt why we are put on this earth......

Did you get past the 6th grade?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:13 PM

49 posts, read 166,605 times
yes it took me 3 times. Can't you tell frommy spelling?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc melchiori View Post
yes it took me 3 times. Can't you tell frommy spelling?
This could go on forever……and it’s bad for my soul. Do yourself and me a favor though. Now I really want you to do this – it will help you. I think this is the true debate of our time. What do you want to worship.

Ask one of your kids (or grandkids) to find you a song by ELP (Emerson Lake and Palmer was a band that all us slackers, drifters, and hippies in the 70’s used to listen to, because you know, we all had it so easy……..we didn’t lose older brothers and cousins in south Vietnam, or thought on which day global nuclear war would end the word, or that that the person our parents told us to grow up and be like was a criminal and a lair….. it was all positive thoughts I tell you ). The song is called Locomotive Breath. I really want you to listen to this song. The words.

Locomotive Breadth is about an angry man who on the train of death - a speeding train from the womb to the tomb, moving so fast it’s shaking itself apart. As the man on the train is speeding toward certain death, he sees his children trying to jump off at each station, his wife fleeing into the arms of another man. Everyone has abandoned him. As he is crawling down the corridor to the door of death - he sees god - and blames god for abandoning him, and letting old Charlie (the Devil) get the best of him (money, greed). He pleads for his life, but God just turns away. In his final moments….. as the train is speeding into hell without hope…. past all the angles rising upwards….god reaches out and pulls him back up to heaven at the very last moment.

He learns mercy.

Each day is the first day of the rest of your life – and that’s true everyday – except on the last day of your life.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:49 PM

100 posts, read 466,224 times
Quote:
Well dutchie, I don’t think your were paying attention…….
Please don't confuse me not taking you seriously with me not paying attention.

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren did a social and economic study without an agenda (a rare thing today) – and found out facts that generally **** off the conservatives.
Elizabeth Warren is a Liberal Harvard Professor who did a social and economic study, to claim there is no agenda behind it is PURE SPECULATION ON YOUR PART. In all fairness I would not dismiss all of her research out of hand, but I also don't treat her work as gospel (as you clearly do). I'm not hacked off about her work, I simply don't subscribe to her Liberal point of view.

Quote:
And I quote your words “Unfortunately this is the type of silliness that passes for "making sense" in wavehunter's world. Everyone is a victim aren't they. I must be super duper smart or in Mr Waves world super duper privileged or lucky to have a good paying job, my own home and a decent credit rating that allowed me to get a traditional mortage with a low fixed rate.

Ah once again twisting the facts, NO ONE ever said that. What I did say, and Harvard University agrees, is that a significant amount of financial hardship or finanical problems is not from over spending (the conservative myth), it’s cancer, hurricanes, intensive care, divorce, job loss, death…etc.
No what you did say is....

Quote:
How dare anyone who doesn’t make six figures, have a collage education, rich parents, and is debit-free – dare to think they deserve a place to call home…………….those animals.
You did say that, didn't you??

Quote:
I accomplished the same things you did (I probably have a better paying job, and a home worth more)
At this point you confirm my suspicion that you are a class A douche. Oooh, do you have a hotter wife, cuter kids and better hair than me too?? Who cares what you've accomplished wavehunter (if that is your real name) and of what relevance is it to this topic? Maybe when I reach your age in ten years I'll be able to graduate to your socioeconomic level. Not that material wealth is of any importance to you, right cup cake??

Quote:
PS. I love how Obama scares you guys…..
Where the hell did this come from??? I never even mentioned Obama? This type of drivel is par for the course, if you object to gay marriage you are "scared" of it.. If you object to letting illegal immigrants invade our country then you are "scared" of immigrants. LOL, at this point Wave you are like a Liberal CARTOON CHARACTER. If you have such a hard on to fix something, may I suggest that you start with the know it all pseudo-intellectual a$$ clown in the mirror. Good day sir!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch10 View Post
Who cares what you've accomplished wavehunter (if that is your real name) and of what relevance is it to this topic? Maybe when I reach your age in ten years I'll be able to graduate to your socioeconomic level. Not that material wealth is of any importance to you, right cup cake??
Ahh, there we go again dutchie that old bait and switch – (a common conservative slime ball tactic)

Here is what you said " I must be super duper smart or in Mr Waves world super duper privileged or lucky to have a good paying job, my own home and a decent credit rating that allowed me to get a traditional mortage with a low fixed rate"

It was YOU who brought up jobs or your credit rate. But that is not what make you mad - it's the fact that someone is happy and your not - another consertive value.

Then you write "Elizabeth Warren is a Liberal Harvard Professor ". Gotta get that L word in there right,..... because then it’s easy to dismiss anything she says as bleeding heart liberal. Also, you would not treat all she says as gospel - this coming you’re years as an economist and social scientist right, dutchie.

Gee, the name calling hurts so bad, (liberal CARTOON CHARACTER was it), let me guess, you and that other old fool made it to the 6th grade together. You’re the kind of dead end thinker most people hope they don’t have to live next to. They shouldn’t let people like you reproduce. I hope you never get old and sick……your going to be a lonely person.

PS. Hey Dutchie, I have 7 illegal immigrants that I helping get a green card, I have two gay (no wait) three gay family members, ……we’re all getting together to smoke some pot in Westerly, while we read about Charles Darwin and find a way to infiltrate the NRA - wanna stop by.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,999,185 times
Just a sidenote, but errr....wasn't 'Locomotive Breath' by Jethro Tull? haha

And I'm pretty sure no one was under the impression that Wavehunter was his real name!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
Just a sidenote, but errr....wasn't 'Locomotive Breath' by Jethro Tull? haha

And I'm pretty sure no one was under the impression that Wavehunter was his real name!
lol - thank god someone caught that.
Yea, your right, I always mix thoses two up (ELP and JT)!

Maybe we better get this fourm back to travel and moving, but city data should have a political fourm.

On second thought - maybe that's a bad idea......

Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,896,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
l city data should have a political fourm.

On second thought - maybe that's a bad idea......

City data does indeed have a politics forum with sub forums on immigration and the 08 election. go to city-data forum, scroll past all the states and there are all sorts of forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island