Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 06:45 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post

Care to wager on that one?
Try reading the comments here:

Removing Raimondo | Opinion - Rhode Islanders speak out on issues | Providence Journal

Anything else I can do for you, please let me know. I'm always glad to help out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 09:23 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Pro-choice is pro-choice, whether it's Fung or Raimondo. If you're going to call her pro-death, be consistent and label him the same.
Here is a concise explanation of the differences, along with a brief statement by pro-life
concerning their endorsement of Fung. It's rather easy to grasp.
Fung campaign answers questions about his views on abortion | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 AM

4,402 posts, read 3,197,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Try reading the comments here:

Removing Raimondo | Opinion - Rhode Islanders speak out on issues | Providence Journal

Anything else I can do for you, please let me know. I'm always glad to help out.
What does that have to do with the election? 23 comments and 9 of them come from only two posters....you're predicting the election result on that sampling?/

Sorry but I'll require the actual election tally for you to collect on any wager!

Old 10-11-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Here is a concise explanation of the differences, along with a brief statement by pro-life
concerning their endorsement of Fung. It's rather easy to grasp.
Fung campaign answers questions about his views on abortion | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal
Yes, I already read that. There is nothing there to make me change my statement that they are both pro-choice.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
What does that have to do with the election? 23 comments and 9 of them come from only two posters....you're predicting the election result on that sampling?/

Sorry but I'll require the actual election tally for you to collect on any wager!
Problems

1. There is no referendum on abortion related issues this election, only a choice of 2 candidates with varying views on the topic.

2. The election hasn't occured yet, so how am I supposed to provide a tally at this time!

Don't you think you're getting a little demanding there Ms. "Sandsonik"?

Old 10-11-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
He doesn't have to. A Boy already said he thinks Elorza is "hot".
You must be confused.

I was talking about Snowball's appraisal of Gina's looks and whether he holds male candidates to the same standard. I was not commenting about A Boy, Elorza in particular, or to be frank - you. The question was directed to Snowball, so it's not a question you can answer.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Problems

1. There is no referendum on abortion related issues this election, only a choice of 2 candidates with varying views on the topic.

2. The election hasn't occured yet, so how am I supposed to provide a tally at this time!

Don't you think you're getting a little demanding there Ms. "Sandsonik"?
No, I think you're having reading problems again. I asked if you cared to wager on the election and you posted Journal comments in response.

I responded that election results would be necessary to collect on any wager.

Are we up to speed now? Good!

Old 10-11-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
No, I think you're having reading problems again. I asked if you cared to wager on the election and you posted Journal comments in response.

I responded that election results would be necessary to collect on any wager.

Are we up to speed now? Good!
Then in that case it is YOU who has reading problems. Are you asking me to wager on the outcome of the governor's race? What on earth does that have to do with my quote you replied to? All I said was that Fung is more in line with the voters on the issue of ABORTION. So please clarify what you're asking me, what you are looking for me to say and how that relates to this thread or any of my posts.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:47 AM

671 posts, read 890,627 times
Having to grab abortion as a political issue tells me that whatever the side, that the candidate doesn't have their eye on the pressing issues...I'm for this or against it isn't an issue for politics,it's an issue for the courts and that's where it is decided.....It's a BS issue...

Old 10-11-2014, 12:14 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
it isn't an issue for politics,it's an issue for the courts and that's where it is decided.....It's a BS issue...
there are many differences in abortion law and other law that impact this issue, at variance
across the states. so it's not as black or white as you may think. moreover, the states can
override any supreme court decision via constitutional amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island