Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 AM

3,799 posts, read 2,698,580 times

Advertisements

I guess I have stadia on the brain.

I read a casual reference in another thread that the Revs are seriously eyeing Providence as a location for a new stadium. I agree that our diverse population is a strong argument in favor of a Providence location. Other than an older thread about the nonsensical go loco prov's shoehorned-in stadium at Burnside Park, I don't really see anything here that discusses the Rev's desire to move to Providence.

Can someone bring me up to speed on this? Back in November, the Boston Globe back had the Revs looking in Boston, not Providence. I don't see any recent info that they're seriously considering Providence, or elsewhere in Rhode Island for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 09:51 AM

4,402 posts, read 3,197,140 times
I'm a Revs fans and nothing I have read indicates that the Revs are seriously looking at Providence.

There was a highly fanciful editorial on golocalprov.com that suggested that Kennedy Plaza would be an ideal location for their stadium. I doubt that Providence would want it there, but the point is moot since I don't think the Revs do either.

They're supposedly looking at a piece of land the Globe owned on the side of Rte 93 near the JFK Library exit.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
I'm a Revs fans and nothing I have read indicates that the Revs are seriously looking at Providence.

There was a highly fanciful editorial on golocalprov.com that suggested that Kennedy Plaza would be an ideal location for their stadium. I doubt that Providence would want it there, but the point is moot since I don't think the Revs do either.

They're supposedly looking at a piece of land the Globe owned on the side of Rte 93 near the JFK Library exit.
I see. I guess I pulled out the ol' jump to conclusions mat and landed on "out of this galaxy". In the PawSox thread, you said the Revs were looking to move to the city. You didn't say they were looking to move to this city! That jives with the link I pasted above, except the Globe story claims city-owned land. That article puts them nearly in the belly of the Boston beast... I'd hate to be on the SE Expressway then!

Old 02-25-2015, 10:50 AM

4,402 posts, read 3,197,140 times
I might be mistaken about it being Boston Globe land. But, yes, I meant Boston when I said city. I wish it was PVD!

Old 02-25-2015, 05:27 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I'd hate to be on the SE Expressway then!
Yeah those 25 extra cars!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Yeah those 25 extra cars!
You're right massnative! Those Revs fans would all take public transport there! They're sharp!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: