Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 05:25 PM

6 posts, read 28,118 times

Advertisements

I'm from chicago and my high school is allowing me to go to brown for a few weeks alone this summer. What's it like out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 AM

257 posts, read 1,335,808 times
Well Providence is much smaller than Chicago but keep in mind it's a short train ride away from Boston so it can feel much bigger. Brown has a very historic campus integrated into the city pretty well. If you had more specific questions I'm sure we could all answer them.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,896,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leykiya10 View Post
I'm from chicago and my high school is allowing me to go to brown for a few weeks alone this summer. What's it like out there?
You will have a great time. Its sorta like Northwestern/U Chicago but, it is the East Coast and the area is very old, lots of homes built in the 18th and 19th century. Lots of Hills. People are kinda packed in (high population density). Its very green, lots of trees. Wait till you hear peoples accents! You think SouthSiders talked funny.. Make sure you get a Dells Lemonade while you are on Thayer Street. Have a great time!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,633 times
In my opinion, you would be in the best location of Providence (the East Side). I agree with leighland, get a Del's Lemonade! And either a slice of pizza from Antonio's or Nice Slice.... In the summer time, Providence has an event called Waterfire on Saturday nights.. I'll admit this gets pretty redundant (staring at fire on the water) but it's a nice night for being outside.. many people travel from surrounding towns to see the fire, grab dinner, walk the city.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:42 PM

6 posts, read 28,118 times
Default fun near brown university???

what fun things are there while I'm in rhode island. I'll be there for most of July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: