Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 04:26 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
For those who haven't heard, RI DLT has partnered with Amazon's computers and can now process many more unemployment claims than before.
I can only compare out-of-work people I know here & in Florida. Everybody I know here is happy with the speed in which the $$ relief has come. Surprised really. However, in Florida it's a disaster. Very few of the unemployed have received anything yet. Even given Rhode Islands smaller size, the difference in competence of the 2 state governments at the top, is striking.

So, those of us who constantly criticize the quality of governance here, sometimes need to pause and realize, when push comes to shove, there are worse run states than ours. At the times when it really counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 07:52 AM

683 posts, read 834,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
The question is-- will they actually get unemployment? This is far too many for our Cobol based system to process.

Are people actually getting paid?? Anyone with a story to tell on here??? Are they actually getting an extra $600 a week when the Feds can't even get the stimulus checks to go into the right bank accounts??
We got our stimulus checks...as did most people we know. Received TDI seamlessly also. I know friends working in claims and they are being slammed...historical numbers. But they are getting them out.

These numbers are dated, but looks like the state is doing an incredible job. Hang in their folks and good luck!

http://www.dlt.ri.gov/lmi/uiadmin/update.htm

Last edited by Chicago3rd; 04-25-2020 at 08:00 AM..

Old 04-26-2020, 11:47 AM

4,402 posts, read 3,195,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
We got our stimulus checks...as did most people we know. Received TDI seamlessly also. I know friends working in claims and they are being slammed...historical numbers. But they are getting them out.

These numbers are dated, but looks like the state is doing an incredible job. Hang in their folks and good luck!

Monthly Unemployment Insurance Claims Update
I'd also like to thank those workers, should any be lurking here. RI did an extraordinary job processing unemployment claims quickly. They're probably used to only ever hearing complaints, so it's important for us to offer praise as well!

Old 04-26-2020, 02:34 PM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
I'd also like to thank those workers, should any be lurking here. RI did an extraordinary job processing unemployment claims quickly. They're probably used to only ever hearing complaints, so it's important for us to offer praise as well!
Ditto! I can compare Rhode Island competence to Florida's. Florida is an absolute mess with unemployment claims.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:12 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,055,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
My brother in law and sister in law who both live in RI did not receive their stimulus checks either. My wife checked into it for them and found that because they had to pay a bit in 2018 & 2019 they did not have a direct deposit account set up for the IRS to send the stimulus checks to.

My wife helped walk them through the online process and now they are set up to get their checks.

While not RI, Florida has close to 800,000 unemployment claims and due to computer issues only 4% have received actual payments.
only 800,000? I would have thought that would be much higher with so many jobs tied to the tourist trade.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:56 PM

Here's something that might be helpful: the date of planned stimulus check mailings, by income group. However it doesn't really address if the direct deposits will follow the same schedule.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfri...ecks-schedule/

Old 04-27-2020, 09:30 AM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Here's something that might be helpful: the date of planned stimulus check mailings, by income group. However it doesn't really address if the direct deposits will follow the same schedule.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfri...ecks-schedule/
Direct deposits should have already been received.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Direct deposits should have already been received.
Not necessarily. I'm getting mine on the 30th

Old 04-27-2020, 08:19 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. I'm getting mine on the 30th
You probably had to update the IRS with routing information or something, they were all scheduled to go out around the same time (middle of this month).

Old 05-03-2020, 10:36 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
I had only one family member that was put out of work by the virus. All the rest continued to work either at home or for one still at his place of employment. My brother, the lone family member that was initially temporarily furloughed has now been told this week that his job is being eliminated. The owner of the family run business he worked for expects business to be off for an extended period of time and decided to permanently cut several positions. Not a good time for a 62 year old male to be looking for a new job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island