Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 10:25 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
You say that as if there's something wrong with living in Jamestown, as if you wouldn't love to live in Jamestown. Almost like you'll give him a hard time if he went to the protest OR if he didn't go. When you did nothing to try to bring change. I beg you, stop bullying IM, it's tiresome and ruins every thread.
Did I say anything good or bad about Jamestown?

One poster said he would be attending. I asked him how it went.

That an issue?

Bullying?

Old 05-31-2020, 11:36 AM

8,067 posts, read 4,689,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
You say that as if there's something wrong with living in Jamestown, as if you wouldn't love to live in Jamestown. Almost like you'll give him a hard time if he went to the protest OR if he didn't go. When you did nothing to try to bring change. I beg you, stop bullying IM, it's tiresome and ruins every thread.
Thank you, but not to worry. Bullies don’t bother me as long as it’s directed at me & not others Actually, I get a certain joy with flipping over rocks & exposing what crawls underneath to the sun.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Thank you, but not to worry. Bullies don’t bother me as long as it’s directed at me & not others Actually, I get a certain joy with flipping over rocks & exposing what crawls underneath to the sun.
The joy is mutual.

Now how was the protest?

Old 05-31-2020, 01:24 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,898,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The protests against pandemic safety precautions at state capitols in places such as Michigan with demonstrators packing firearms and racist symbols were far more menacing than what transpired in Providence yesterday.

Also, do you have any proof of racist symbols? Democratic politicians keep saying there are "swastikas" and "confederate flags", but I have yet to see a single solitary one. (And you know if they had one, the would play it on a loop for days.)

The closest I could find was the NY Times reported a single confederate flag at one single protest.

As far as I can tell this has simply been a dishonest method of trying to delegitimize any criticism of the horrendous lockdown policies.

I am surprised more people haven't pointed this out.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:04 PM

9,289 posts, read 14,894,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
As far as I can tell this has simply been a dishonest method of trying to delegitimize any criticism of the horrendous lockdown policies.

Because most in RI who post here don't see the lockdown as being horrendous policy- we see it as very necessary and prudent.

I can't imagine how many more deaths and/or hospitalizations we would have had if it had not been in place. Thankfully, the Civic Center has not been necessary- although we don't know what will happen this Fall. Much better safe than sorry.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Mostly. Accept the doors of the state house were smashed and graffiti'd.

But I guess the goal posts have moved these days in terms of public conduct standards...

I wonder if a Right Wing group did that if the protests would be described as "peaceful?"
This is a real shame. Vandalism is not acceptable- the taxpayers of RI don't need to be paying for vandalism- especially for something that happened in Michigan.

This really hurts the cause which is very legitimate.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Also, do you have any proof of racist symbols? Democratic politicians keep saying there are "swastikas" and "confederate flags", but I have yet to see a single solitary one. (And you know if they had one, the would play it on a loop for days.)

The closest I could find was the NY Times reported a single confederate flag at one single protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Because most in RI who post here don't see the lockdown as being horrendous policy- we see it as very necessary and prudent.

I can't imagine how many more deaths and/or hospitalizations we would have had if it had not been in place. Thankfully, the Civic Center has not been necessary- although we don't know what will happen this Fall. Much better safe than sorry.
There have been protests of the lockdown in RI, but like the George Floyd protest they were quite civil in comparison to protests of both in some other places. That is a good reflection on RI.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
This is a real shame. Vandalism is not acceptable- the taxpayers of RI don't need to be paying for vandalism- especially for something that happened in Michigan.

This really hurts the cause which is very legitimate.
You mean Minnesota??? Not really sure what the "cause" is though? I mean all 4 cops involved have been fired and charged with murder. What else are they asking for? And is there some kind of injustice going on in RI they are rallying against (still waiting on the guy who supposedly attended to share more with us)??? Sounds like most of the "protestors" in Minneapolis have been bused in from elsewhere and in many cases paid to riot. It's nothing short of terrorism. This local RI BLM event, doesn't appear much more than a bunch of trendy SJWs who got tired of sitting at home and want to feel good about something.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You mean Minnesota??? Not really sure what the "cause" is though? I mean all 4 cops involved have been fired and charged with murder. What else are they asking for? And is there some kind of injustice going on in RI they are rallying against (still waiting on the guy who supposedly attended to share more with us)??? Sounds like most of the "protestors" in Minneapolis have been bused in from elsewhere and in many cases paid to riot. It's nothing short of terrorism. This local RI BLM event, doesn't appear much more than a bunch of trendy SJWs who got tired of sitting at home and want to feel good about something.
Sorry, I did mean Mn. The cause is poor police treatment of blacks across the country in general [as triggered by the recent case].

They are asking for equal treatment under the law. They are demonstrating in Prov, I'm sure, in brotherhood, but as I've said, I certainly do not condone any vandalism of any kind. Graffiti alone is anathema to me. ha ha

I'm sure that if you were black, you'd consider police brutality much more terroristic than any protest- even violent ones. So maybe some empathy would be in order.

On another note- the anti-lockdown protest that took place in Prov was 50 people-hardly representative of a majority.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:37 PM

8,067 posts, read 4,689,663 times
It’s this killing, but it’s really what must go on without cameras present that has caused the outrage in Rhode Island & around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island