Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 01:26 PM

4,241 posts, read 1,709,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
The law proposed to counter CRT would make it impossible to teach the facts about Jim Crow or slavery because you cannot say that one race put itself above another race.
Rhode Island simply doesn't need CRT, or laws preventing it, in order for its schools to teach a fact based curriculum regarding American history. You people have latched onto it as usual, because you think it's what you're supposed to say. Reflexive ideological and intellectual conformity without individual thought appears to be the hallmark of Rhode Island "Progressives".

Last edited by PureBoston; 06-29-2021 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 03:06 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,923,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Rhode Island simply doesn't need CRT, or laws preventing it, in order for its schools to teach a fact based curriculum regarding American history. You people have latched onto it as usual, because you think it's what you're supposed to say. Reflexive ideological and intellectual conformity without individual thought appears to be the hallmark of Rhode Island "Progressives".

Progressives are progressives are progressives. Your fixation with Rhode Island is irrational when the news is replete with examples of far crazier progressives in many other parts of the country. For example, have we defunded our Police? No.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...e-back-n404349

But you're correct that progressives do parrot what they're "supposed to say".

Fortunately, that's all the ones around here ever do.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Progressives are progressives are progressives. Your fixation with Rhode Island is irrational when the news is replete with examples of far crazier progressives in many other parts of the country. For example, have we defunded our Police? No.

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...e-back-n404349

But you're correct that progressives do parrot what they're "supposed to say".

Fortunately, that's all the ones around here ever do.
I find your progressives to be less sophisticated than the national average. The difference is that most of your Democrats are Centrist to Conservative. Be thankful.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I find your progressives to be less sophisticated than the national average. The difference is that most of your Democrats are Centrist to Conservative. Be thankful.

Less sophisticated?

You crack me up.

And you already know my position on RI Democrats. McKee is adding State troopers to the force, and building them a new station.

Would I rather he was a MAGA Republican? Of course.

But, ironically, progressives have a lot more to be unhappy about with this Govt. than I do. I actually like some of the things they're doing.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:24 PM

Meanwhile here is what your Federal (actually progressive) Govt. wants to do:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...itbart+News%29

You need not worry about Rhode Island progressives.

Old 06-30-2021, 05:06 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,754,033 times
Quote:
As one of those "less sophisticated" progressives, I'm not sure where this analysis comes from. According to the 2016 election, where the most contrast showed, North Providence/Johnston/Cranston, plus most small western RI towns are predominantly made up lots of conservative (Trump) democrats. The rest of RI's democrats (especially coastal & urban) are mostly moderate to liberal to us unsophisticated progressive democrat voters. These groups usually carry the state's election day.

Last edited by independent man; 06-30-2021 at 05:15 AM..

Old 06-30-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
As one of those "less sophisticated" progressives, I'm not sure where this analysis comes from. According to the 2016 election, where the most contrast showed, North Providence/Johnston/Cranston, plus most small western RI towns are predominantly made up lots of conservative (Trump) democrats. The rest of RI's democrats (especially coastal & urban) are mostly moderate to liberal to us unsophisticated progressive democrat voters. These groups usually carry the state's election day.
I'm a Bostonian, I grew up in New England and my opinion of Rhode Island has never changed. I find it socially quite conservative and fiscally reckless. And if the "Progressives" in this forum are indicative of a new voting bloc, things are only gonna go from bad to worse. Like mindless sheep. Without the nice wool.

Last edited by PureBoston; 06-30-2021 at 06:42 AM..

Old 06-30-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I'm a Bostonian, I grew up in New England and my opinion of Rhode Island has never changed. I find it socially quite conservative and fiscally reckless. And if the "Progressives" in this forum are indicative of a new voting bloc, things are only gonna go from bad to worse. Like mindless sheep. Without the nice wool.
Since I'm the only professed Progressive active on this forum, forgive me if I take it personally. But, that's fine. It's an honor.

Old 06-30-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I'm a Bostonian, I grew up in New England and my opinion of Rhode Island has never changed. I find it socially quite conservative

For a New England state yes, but that's not saying much.

Compared to most states Rhode Island is socially liberal. One of the first states to support gay marriage, we abolished the death penalty long ago, and more pro-choice than your average state as well. (Though, again, less so for a New England state.)

The only thing we seem to be dragging our feet on is marijuana leglization, which is - indeed - fiscally reckless.

Hopefully that changes soon.

Old 06-30-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
For a New England state yes, but that's not saying much.
Compared to most states Rhode Island is socially liberal. One of the first states to support gay marriage, we abolished the death penalty long ago, and more pro-choice than your average state as well. (Though, again, less so for a New England state.)
The only thing we seem to be dragging our feet on is marijuana leglization, which is - indeed - fiscally reckless. Hopefully that changes soon.
I have to agree. The Rhode Island as "socially conservative" mantra is a bit baffling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island