Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 05:50 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times

Advertisements

Since there appeared to be interest in the "Another shooting/stabbing" thread, and this particular story did not really fit there; I figured create a new thread to discuss this. It happened at the Ramblewood Estates trailer park.

Police standoff in Coventry ends peacefully with man's surrender

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=uxbndlbing

"A man was taken into custody late Tuesday after a tense police standoff in one Coventry community.
Police said the standoff at Ramblewood Estates began at about 9 p.m. when officers attempted to serve 42-year-old Craig Chapman a warrant for a domestic incident earlier this week.

Police said Chapman told officers that he would shoot and kill his family if they came inside.
Neighbors were evacuated, and several officers were seen approaching Chapman's home with guns drawn.
The West Warwick-Coventry Regional SWAT team was called in to assist, along with several neighboring police and fire departments."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 06:50 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,181,111 times
My interest wasn't in the incident itself; in fact I would be more interested to have Channel 10 take care of all of the reporting and leave this site for more useful discussion that obsessive posts about urban crime.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:12 AM

4,385 posts, read 3,188,372 times
What possible discussion could we have about this?

Seems like you forgot the street view though.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:20 AM

8,067 posts, read 4,689,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
My interest wasn't in the incident itself; in fact I would be more interested to have Channel 10 take care of all of the reporting and leave this site for more useful discussion that obsessive posts about urban crime.
Obsession indeed. Our wannabe crime reporters. Mostly just talking to an audience of one - each other. What must visitors here think?

Old 04-16-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Obsession indeed. Our wannabe crime reporters. Mostly just talking to an audience of one - each other. What must visitors here think?
Have you got nothing better to do today than insult people? For the love of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post

A poster clearly was missing it in our discussion, I guess he changed his mind though.

But this is not Chapman's first brush with the law.

https://patch.com/rhode-island/coven...-20-police-log

Old 04-16-2021, 10:35 AM

17,681 posts, read 9,164,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
But this is not Chapman's first brush with the law.

https://patch.com/rhode-island/coven...-20-police-log

That was only 3 weeks ago.

"Craig Chapman of Coventry was charged with disorderly conduct and vandalism or malicious injury to a property."

Old 04-16-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Oh and the street view...

Not sure of the exact address, but this is the trailer park. Looks like you even got a house for sale, if anybody is interested...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ra...!4d-71.5790716

Old 04-21-2021, 12:02 AM

Oh, I thought you said Maple Root. Ramblewood is for over 55, so he shouldn't even be living there.

But cool link, turns out Providence is bit the only town with crime, after all! You've missed a lot of stories.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Oh, I thought you said Maple Root. Ramblewood is for over 55, so he shouldn't even be living there.

But cool link, turns out Providence is bit the only town with crime, after all! You've missed a lot of stories.

Of course crime happens elsewhere, but the majority of serious violent stuff happens in Providence. Nobody even got hurt in this incident. Good thing, I guess...

But that park honestly does look pretty clean, makes sense that it's an over 55. But like you, given this dude lived there I assumed it wasn't.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Of course crime happens elsewhere, but the majority of serious violent stuff happens in Providence. Nobody even got hurt in this incident. Good thing, I guess...

But that park honestly does look pretty clean, makes sense that it's an over 55. But like you, given this dude lived there I assumed it wasn't.
My aunt lived there. Its not as nice as Sherwood Valley or the newer parts of Westwood IMO, but way nicer than Maple Root, which is very early 70s feeling, and plenty clean and safe.

But yeah, they're 55+ AFAIK, which makes me wonder if the family he threatened were his elderly parents

Last edited by sandsonik; 04-21-2021 at 08:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island