Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 01:22 PM

4,231 posts, read 1,676,360 times

Advertisements

Boston drivers are fast, rude and aggressive. But for the most part, skilled and predictable. Same for Rhode Islanders, minus the skill and predictability. Hands down, the dumbest and most dangerous drivers I've come across, and I've driven in most of the lower 48. Anybody not grasping this reality, hasn't grown up driving in New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 01:26 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Mass. drivers are more aggressive, no question. But the A hole cutting my place in line is imho less likely to get me killed than the zombie with no headlights veering over the center line as I'm traveling in the opposite direction.
Quote:
True. I was going to remind the OP that what I'm describing, really only applies to Providence and the I-95 corridor (Pawtucket-Warwick). The rest of RI is pretty "normalish", similar to Mass. away from Boston.
It's odd that I don't encounter "zombie[s] with no headlights veering over the center line" in Providence.

As for I-95 between Pawtucket and Warwick, no idea why it's even being mentioned to the OP. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:28 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Hands down, the dumbest and most dangerous drivers I've come across, and I've driven in most of the lower 48.

It's funny how in every single category possible under the Sun you rate Rhode Island the worst.

Not exactly evidence of an unbiased opinion.

But it does get boring very quickly.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:33 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Boston drivers are fast, rude and aggressive. But for the most part, skilled and predictable. Same for Rhode Islanders, minus the skill and predictability. Hands down, the dumbest and most dangerous drivers I've come across, and I've driven in most of the lower 48. Anybody not grasping this reality, hasn't grown up driving in New England.
I disagree.

I think what it really comes down to is that you guys don't have much experience driving in RI.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:35 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Well, I'd rather drive through RI than CT. At least RI drivers can be courteous once you move past the ineptness. CT drivers I can't even say that much about. And like I said, once you get away from certain trouble spots RI isn't awful, yet end to end of I-95 in CT is 100 miles of pure hell. Florida is also pretty bad in the random stupidity department. Metro Detroit left me shaking my head (nothing "motor" about that city whatsoever).

Old 03-06-2022, 01:44 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It's odd that I don't encounter "zombie[s] with no headlights veering over the center line" in Providence.

I don't know what to tell you then. I've come across it multiple times over the years, in Pawtucket as well. I suppose some areas are worse than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
As for I-95 between Pawtucket and Warwick, no idea why it's even being mentioned to the OP. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

I don't consider it ordinary at all. It's like a free-for-all. Like you are guaranteed to see something funked up traveling that stretch at any given time. At least 9/10 times.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
It's funny how in every single category possible under the Sun you rate Rhode Island the worst.

Not exactly evidence of an unbiased opinion.

But it does get boring very quickly.
I've got countless miles of driving in both states over the last 40 years. You've admitted that you don't leave Cranston.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you then. I've come across it multiple times over the years, in Pawtucket as well. I suppose some areas are worse than others.

I don't consider it ordinary at all. It's like a free-for-all. Like you are guaranteed to see something funked up traveling that stretch at any given time. At least 9/10 times.
The "Entering Rhode Island" sign on 95 puts a serious knot in my stomach. And I can fall asleep on 128 or the Distressway. It's the stupidity that makes them so dangerous. The blank look on their faces behind the wheel. Like the undead.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I've got countless miles of driving in both states over the last 40 years. You've admitted that you don't leave Cranston.

Nope, that's a lie....or at least a clumsy understanding of what I said.

Gripe Gripe Gripe
B*tch moan complain

So dull.

Old 03-06-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
The "Entering Rhode Island" sign on 95 puts a serious knot in my stomach.

Seek help. Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island