Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 08:44 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,676,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
As a matter of fact she can. She was in RI just a few days ago campaigning for Providence mayoral candidate Brett Smiley. She looked radiant. Actually, she looked younger than when she was governor (No doubt the result of some devil's brew). But, her new work seems to suit her.
"Devil's brew", "profits"? She stole your money and slapped you to finance a trip out of Rhode Island. A spade is a spade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
That's more like it PB. All of those accusations are a downer. You do better when you lighten up.
I have my moments.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:21 PM

I've been racking my tiny brain, trying to imagine what, as treasurer, "Gina" could possibly have had access to that would have slimy New York banker pond scum tripping over each other to ingratiate themselves with her. What could she have possibly had to offer them? Apparently, it's gonna take someone a lot smarter than me to solve the mystery. Anybody?

Old 06-06-2022, 02:36 PM

8,031 posts, read 4,700,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Apparently, it's gonna take someone a lot smarter than me to solve the mystery. Anybody?
Nobody does the Gina Dark Dive like you, my friend. So, don’t ask.

Old 06-06-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? It couldn't be. Who'd sell out their own constituency just to further their own naked political ambition? I remember as a kid, my friend's father who was a VP at Shawmut Bank gave me advice I'll always remember: "Kid, never use your own money when you can use someone else's." He was referring to my milk money, but it could just have easily been a pension fund.

Old 06-06-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Did you know that she invested 5 million bucks in her very own Point Judith fund. At the time it had a 10 year return average of -1.1%. Your money at work. A monkey could have thrown a better dart. A blind monkey. By all means, let's give her America's money to manage. What could go wrong?

Old 06-06-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Seriously, didn't you think something was up when she wouldn't tell you the fees charged to invest your own money?

Old 06-06-2022, 03:25 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
A monkey could have thrown a better dart. A blind monkey.

In Gina's defense (not really, only joking) cats play the stock market better than your average broker.

Cat Beats Investors In Stock Market Challenge

Quote:
The UK Observer ran a contest last year, A bunch of investment managers invested in the best stocks they could find, while a cat named Orlando randomly chose stocks from a list. The cat won.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...rket-challenge

Old 06-06-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
In Gina's defense (not really, only joking) cats play the stock market better than your average broker.

Cat Beats Investors In Stock Market Challenge

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...rket-challenge
Which is why Treasurer Magaziner experienced his "epiphany" of low cost index funds. Something by the way, that I've know personally for 30 years. There's two, and only two, possibilities. Either "Gina" was egregiously dishonest or egregiously stupid. Either way, do you want her running the United States Department of the Treasury? Seriously, why not simply exhume Bernie Madoff?

Old 06-06-2022, 03:42 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times
Quote:
Either way, do you want her running the United States Department of the Treasury?

Hells no.

But I don't want anyone in this entire Administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island