Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:28 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,999,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Its not a transient part of the country for one thing. Generations of families have lived there since their relatives immigrated to this country. It has a very homey feeling, many of these families have lived in their homes 40 and 50 years as my family did, and most of anyone I ever knew in New England. It is big cities and small towns one after the other, but still countryside between these towns and always a town center to mingle with friends. People know their neighbors in most instances, and that is something that is sadly missing in much of the USA. It is a haven for educational institutions and Medical Care. It is public transit especially in eastern Mass. It has the ocean and the beaches, the mountains in New Hampshire, Vermont and parts of Maine. It is cozy villages in all these areas to get away from the crowded cities especially in Mass. Im not going to go into its politics, there are far worse areas in the USA for that. Thats about it , Im not sure I should be talking about anything other than Lincoln vs Attleboro on this. Thanks.
No, thank you for the explanation! Interesting stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM

10 posts, read 25,299 times
Default Lincoln, RI vs. Attleboro

Hi,

I have lived in Attleboro for 24 years. I have raised two children here and they have gone through the public school system. I have never had a problem living here. It is a great place to raise your family. You are 20 minutes to Providence, 40 minutes to Boston, 1 hour to the cape and 3 hours to the mountains. We have the commuter rail that gets you to downtown Boston in 50 minutes.

I worked in Rhode Island for 3 years. They have a much higher tax rate than Massachusetts.

I'm from Massachusetts so I am going to say Massachusetts is the better state :-)

Best of luck!

Old 08-30-2008, 03:49 PM

20 posts, read 75,130 times
Default lincoln vs barrington, attleboro, and n attleboro, & e greenwich.

hello
most of the info that was given to you is for the most part accurate. except for one about the quality about the school comparison. going by hearsy i've never heard or read anything that included the attleboros as one of the top rated school systems. lincoln, barrington, and e greenwhich however over the past few decades have been rated in the top throughout the nation. all are very close in comparison.
i live in bristol but was born and raised throughout the blacstone valley mostly residing in lincoln until 15 years ago. still however i have a property in lincoln. now i commute to work every day to pawtucket so i have to travel through barrington. i can tell u this it is a nicer area in barrington but there is a sewer smell during parts of the day along rt. 114, and there is a bit more traffic to contend with going east and west. but i'm sure there may be a part of that town where u can't smell the sewer.
attleboros have nice neighborhoods as nice as the town of lincolns. you are a few miles closer to the T train than lincoln is but closer to providence in lincoln, so in that respect they are about even. lincoln i would say is more accessable in comparison by auto to providence than all the mentioned areas.
e greenwich is over priced. locationwise i think it is as nice as barrington. but much less convenient to travel to providence. but if u have a home business and love the beaches in the summer and love the comfort of your home in the winter, move there. parts of e greenwich also smells like sewer sometimes also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island