Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 03:34 PM

17,944 posts, read 9,347,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
No, the answers you were given were spot on.
No, they were not.

Jamestown has become ice cold.

Quote:
I'm sure there are also those that find island living in the winter isn't for them, or that there are families that don't like the idea that their kids can't go to high school in town. But they have more freedom to move.
And you think this is something new? Those things were true when Jamestown was a hot market.

Not a valid explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Real estate prices in Warren are higher than they've ever been. People aren't selling because they want to live there.

Based on the relative abundance of houses for sale in Jamestown, it seems that a lot of people no longer want to live there.
^ This is accurate. Sorry if it upsets Jamestown residents and their lackeys.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:09 PM

23,776 posts, read 18,906,444 times
My guess is a lot of people bought up homes there during Covid and to work remotely, but as that stuff winds down Jamestown has lost much of this appeal. In contrast to Warren, which is a desirable commuter location.

Old 06-07-2023, 04:26 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,733,544 times
Quote:
^ This is accurate. Sorry if it upsets Jamestown residents and their lackeys.
Upset? Jamestown residents are quite happy where they live. Most could live anywhere by choice. And, could care less about the real estate opinions of a couple of Forum Rubes. Get serious.

Old 06-07-2023, 10:13 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,372,150 times
Quote:
No, they were not.

Jamestown has become ice cold.

I just clicked through all the listings. I don't get the narrative. Most things I clicked on went on the market in April/May and they're pretty much all $million+ properties. An ice cold market has move-in condition houses that have been on the market for a year. When I was shopping for coastal property in RI and the Massachusetts South Coast at the bottom of the Great Recession, that's what the market looked like. There were tons of things that had been on the market for many months with numerous price reductions.

Old 06-07-2023, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I just clicked through all the listings. I don't get the narrative. Most things I clicked on went on the market in April/May and they're pretty much all $million+ properties. An ice cold market has move-in condition houses that have been on the market for a year. When I was shopping for coastal property in RI and the Massachusetts South Coast at the bottom of the Great Recession, that's what the market looked like. There were tons of things that had been on the market for many months with numerous price reductions.
Ice cold relative to the rest of RI at the current time.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:47 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,229,535 times
Quote:
I still find it very interesting that you can't buy a house in Warren yet there are dozens to choose from in Jamestown.
There are 7 single family houses for sale in Central Falls

There are 11 single family houses for sale in Warren.

There are 27 in Jamestown.

There are 55 in Barrington.

There are 68 in East Greenwich.

There are 75 in Cumberland

Gee, I wonder why people "hate" Barrington, East Greenwich and Cumberland so much more than Warren, Jamestown, and Central Falls.

I mean, that's how this works, right?

Old 06-07-2023, 01:50 PM

24,573 posts, read 18,372,150 times
Quote:
Well done, Captain Hyperbole

Old 06-07-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Well done, Captain Hyperbole
Those who have been following this discussion understand that it has been explained this way all along.

Old 06-07-2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:
There are 7 single family houses for sale in Central Falls

There are 11 single family houses for sale in Warren.

There are 27 in Jamestown.

There are 55 in Barrington.

There are 68 in East Greenwich.

There are 75 in Cumberland

Gee, I wonder why people "hate" Barrington, East Greenwich and Cumberland so much more than Warren, Jamestown, and Central Falls.

I mean, that's how this works, right?
Whatever point you think you're making, it's a massive fail.

Hint: take population into account
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island