Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 09:43 AM

23,772 posts, read 18,899,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Crickets. As expected. Different rules for different posters.

I'm not exploiting low income neighborhoods for my personal gain, all the while promoting their "diversity" and using choice code words to "explain" why I abandoned the said neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2023, 10:06 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,732,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I'm not exploiting low income neighborhoods for my personal gain, all the while promoting their "diversity" and using choice code words to "explain" why I abandoned the said neighborhood.
You're exploiting low income neighborhoods here to satisfy your crime fetish. And, one doesn't "abandon" a neighborhood by deciding to move to another. It's America! We can live in as few or as many places as we see fit. Should we live long enough.

Old 09-15-2023, 11:29 AM

9,334 posts, read 14,961,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
You make it easy to wrap this up. The determination was the assessment of the poster & the poster alone. An assessment conclusion I do not share.
You'll never get this through the head of the posters (exceptions obvious) on this forum. They'll argue with a fencepost.

And are so often wrong about "Rhode Island losing population" it's becoming just stupid.

https://www.providencejournal.com/st...se/8112589002/

Old 09-15-2023, 11:44 AM

23,772 posts, read 18,899,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
You'll never get this through the head of the posters (exceptions obvious) on this forum. They'll argue with a fencepost.

And are so often wrong about "Rhode Island losing population" it's becoming just stupid.

As though it's anyone's fault but yours that you introduce flawed logic

Old 09-15-2023, 06:35 PM

4,449 posts, read 3,228,215 times
Quote:
Code words that you invented, my man. No one but you and red plum read "noise" and think "he means black people!"

IM didn't exploit a low income neighborhood by living there. Are you exploiting a middle class neighborhood by renting out your former residence?

I think Providence has too much noise too. Care to explain how that makes me an exploitative racist? Or why you're not, for living in a presumably white neighborhood?

Incredible.

Old 09-16-2023, 07:07 AM

4,236 posts, read 1,695,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

Could you not have found an older newspaper article? What was on the sports page, Stengel benches Clipper? In May of 2022, the United States Census Bureau released the results of their PES (post-enumeration survey) correcting for the overcount of eight states in 2020 and the undercount of six. Rhode Island was overcounted by 5% and the initial population growth of 4.7% was amended to reflect a loss of .3%. Moreover, the latest one year census estimates show the trend continuing in Rhode Island and being joined by Massachusetts as well as California and Oregon. Why this would surprise anyone, in spite of expensive housing in all four, remains a mystery. It's becoming just stupid.

Old 09-16-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
As though it's anyone's fault but yours that you introduce flawed logic
This is being generous. I'd say the absence of any logic whatsoever.

Old 09-16-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Could you not have found an older newspaper article? What was on the sports page, Stengel benches Clipper? In May of 2022, the United States Census Bureau released the results of their PES (post-enumeration survey) correcting for the overcount of eight states in 2020 and the undercount of six. Rhode Island was overcounted by 5% and the initial population growth of 4.7% was amended to reflect a loss of .3%. Moreover, the latest one year census estimates show the trend continuing in Rhode Island and being joined by Massachusetts as well as California and Oregon. Why this would surprise anyone, in spite of expensive housing in all four, remains a mystery. It's becoming just stupid.
Yeah, what's also a mystery is how we have such a severe housing shortage, despite new apt buildings popping up daily, if we're losing population.

It's nice that you have such faith in the 2020 census though. The people that ran it don't.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/91196...d-the-pandemic

Old 09-16-2023, 08:37 AM

The corrections to the 2020 census took place in the middle of the Biden administration. And I don't think President Trump would have engineered for overcounts in far more Democratic voting states than Republican. High tax, high COL states are plagued by beleaguered families moving out with singles and couples moving in. Almost every shrinking state has either expensive housing, short supply, or both. It's not at all hard for me to admit that both Massachusetts and Boston are currently losing population. This is definitely getting stupid.

Last edited by PureBoston; 09-16-2023 at 09:19 AM..

Old 09-16-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
The corrections to the 2020 census took place in the middle of the Biden administration. And I don't think President Trump would have engineered for overcounts in far more Democratic voting states than Republican. High tax, high COL states are plagued by beleaguered families moving out with singles and couples moving in. Almost every shrinking state has either expensive housing, short supply, or both. It's not at all hard for me to admit that both Massachusetts and Boston are currently losing population. This is definitely getting stupid.
Yes, but the corrections were done on a count that ended early, along with covid chaos. The door to door effort was affected
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island