Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 10:17 PM

5,271 posts, read 6,213,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
I also love Wentworth & Norwood Ave.. Parts of Carr Street at the park are also lovely. But, a whole different experience from Chepachet.
Definitely so, we love the somewhat rural nature of Chepachet but growing up in the 60’s and 70’s the architecture and vibe around Wentworth and Edgewood was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2024, 06:29 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,991,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Definitely so, we love the somewhat rural nature of Chepachet but growing up in the 60’s and 70’s the architecture and vibe around Wentworth and Edgewood was great.
For people who enjoy rural, RI still has opportunities. I know of someone who recently bought a house (with swimming pool!!) in No. Smithfield sight unseen. She wanted to come home from Florida.

Not the worst strategy since swimming pools can be filled in if unwanted. Pool houses often sell for less in these parts.

Old 03-01-2024, 08:02 AM

12,996 posts, read 22,178,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Pointing out one's chosen community to provide context as well as the irony in one's argument, is not by any means an attack. I don't think I have EVER "personally attacked" somebody based on where they live.

I would also appreciate it if you stopped misquoting me.
"Ironic" is fabricating narratives about people based on where they live to try and discredit them as posters while also being afraid to reveal where you live. "Ironic" is trying to claim that calling posters something like "fast food fanatic" is "honest discourse." "Ironic" is immediately following a post where you're trying so hard to come across as a sincere and serious person with this unsolicited troll post about prostitutes and a hotel in Pawtucket.

No misquoting necessary, your posts speak for themselves.

Old 03-02-2024, 09:04 PM

23,828 posts, read 18,984,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
"Ironic" is fabricating narratives about people based on where they live to try and discredit them as posters while also being afraid to reveal where you live. "Ironic" is trying to claim that calling posters something like "fast food fanatic" is "honest discourse." "Ironic" is immediately following a post where you're trying so hard to come across as a sincere and serious person with this unsolicited troll post about prostitutes and a hotel in Pawtucket.

No misquoting necessary, your posts speak for themselves.

Just drop it. Everything you referenced here was either disclosed directly by the posters involved, or can be implied by other things they have disclosed in the past. I am not in the business of "fabricating narratives".

And I have no idea where you are going with that hyperlink of yours, it says nothing about prostitutes or an infamous hotel in Pawtucket.

Old 03-03-2024, 04:04 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,745,094 times
Quote:
I am not in the business of "fabricating narratives".
Of course you're in the business of fabricating narratives. It's what you do here. You create absurd street scenarios out of whole cloth. Harmless poor people going about their daily lives in challenging neighborhoods suddenly become criminals in your telling. It's creepy, but it's what makes you feel good about yourself.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Just drop it. Everything you referenced here was either disclosed directly by the posters involved, or can be implied by other things they have disclosed in the past. I am not in the business of "fabricating narratives".

And I have no idea where you are going with that hyperlink of yours, it says nothing about prostitutes or an infamous hotel in Pawtucket.
The bold is the problem. Even if you were being genuine (and you're not) you're still a person who has mistaken girls in bathing suits holding towels next to a public pool for "prostitutes" and "wondered" whether a guy with a fishing pole in his hand was up to no good. You've proven repeatedly that what you infer cannot be trusted because your view of the world is straight out of a bad crime novel, not reality. Bad judgement and a propensity for being dishonest do not make for a poster anyone should take seriously.

And you're right. I accidentally linked to one of your completely made up narratives about me (not just misleading, but factually inaccurate as well). I meant to link to this unsolicited troll post about prostitutes and the Hampton Inn which immediately followed this post where you're making a case for your sincerity.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:32 AM

18,106 posts, read 9,429,245 times
Quote:
You've proven repeatedly that what you infer cannot be trusted because your view of the world is straight out of a bad crime novel, not reality. Bad judgement and a propensity for being dishonest do not make for a poster anyone should take seriously.
You seem like the kind of guy who would put Hot Cheetos in the refrigerator to try to cool them down.

Can we get back on topic now? The RI housing crisis.

Old 03-04-2024, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You seem like the kind of guy who would put Hot Cheetos in the refrigerator to try to cool them down.
Absolutely devastating burn... not sure I'll ever be able to recover from that one. Nice work, 'plum!

Old 03-04-2024, 01:16 PM

18,106 posts, read 9,429,245 times
Quote:
Absolutely devastating burn... not sure I'll ever be able to recover from that one. Nice work, 'plum!

And not sure what the big secret is. You obviously chose Smith Hill.

I mean, you told us you wanted a 10 minute or less walk to the train.

That limits it to Downtown, College Hill, Mt Hope, or Smith Hill.

Eliminate Downtown because there aren't any SFH.

Eliminate College Hill because you said it's too expensive.

Eliminate Mt Hope because you said you weren't comfortable there.

What's left?

Old 03-04-2024, 01:22 PM

8,029 posts, read 4,745,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You seem like the kind of guy who would put Hot Cheetos in the refrigerator to try to cool them down. Can we get back on topic now? The RI housing crisis.
Don't you just hate it when you constantly become the subject of these threads? Why could that be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island