Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 10:25 AM

17,664 posts, read 9,155,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
We're not here to discuss other posters or what race they may or may not be, or even what you think their credibility might be.
When other posters appear to be deliberately posting inaccurate information, then we are going to discuss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 10:30 AM

5,124 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
When other posters appear to be deliberately posting inaccurate information, then we are going to discuss it.
Not to be disrespectful but when it’s posted in another thread that the town of West Warwick is a cesspool how is that not considered inaccurate? I am just trying to post accurate and appropriate information to those that come to the Rhode Island forum for insight in RI.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Not to be disrespectful but when it’s posted in another thread that the town of West Warwick is a cesspool how is that not considered inaccurate? I am just trying to post accurate and appropriate information to those that come to the Rhode Island forum for insight in RI.
West Warwick, Woonsocket, and the Oakland Beach neighborhood in Warwick are all widely considered to be among the trashiest places in RI.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:43 AM

8,058 posts, read 4,684,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
MARK MY WORD. I do consider it my duty however, to address the wildly inaccurate info. that too often makes its way to this forum.
Mark your word? You see it as your duty to broad brush trash neighborhoods where poor and marginal people live to help satisfy an obvious violent crime fetish. That such crimes rarely happen in rich neighborhoods is beside the point. Quit pretending you're helping anyone. Get help yourself. We see you.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:48 AM

Quote:
West Warwick, Woonsocket, and the Oakland Beach neighborhood in Warwick are all widely considered to be among the trashiest places in RI.
You are calling out entire communities inaccurately and that is a disservice to those residents living there.

I just hope those that come to this forum for relocation information don’t take you seriously.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
You are calling out entire communities inaccurately and that is a disservice to those residents living there.
I'll remind you again: This is not the Disney forum.

People considering moving to RI want and deserve accurate information.

There is no place here for your shenanigans.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'll remind you again: This is not the Disney forum.

People considering moving to RI want and deserve accurate information.

There is no place here for your shenanigans.
If one was looking at those communities on realtor#com it certainly wouldn't match up to your comments about being the trashiest towns in Rhode Island. I spent close to 30 years in Rhode Island then I come home every summer and now more in the last few years I certainly know a lot about Rhode Island and it's communities.
You have converted Mills with condos going for close to $300,000 in Woonsocket.

We can agree to disagree and let those who come to this forum for information decide what is true and what is not.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:25 AM

7,724 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
"According to a tenant who has lived there for 18 years ...
It certainly raises the question why someone should be allowed to live in subsidized housing for 18 years. One should be expected to get back on their own two feet and support themselves instead of being on the public dole.

Old 04-13-2024, 12:42 PM

9,283 posts, read 14,890,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
It certainly raises the question why someone should be allowed to live in subsidized housing for 18 years. One should be expected to get back on their own two feet and support themselves instead of being on the public dole.
But but but...... then they wouldn't have a neighbor as nice as Redplum who lives in the ghetto and constantly complains about it and also believes that she continuously needs to inform the entire country about how bad her living conditions are.

Old 04-13-2024, 12:55 PM

8,058 posts, read 4,684,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
Since I don't know what long term mental or physical condition any particular subsidized resident may, or may not have, I won't pass judgement on anybody's length of stay. These places are usually not anything beyond minimum housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island