Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM

13 posts, read 41,315 times

Advertisements

link to a google map:

canfield ave warwick ri - Google Maps

Too far into Oakland Beach? I don't want to be surrounded by trash (I'm not just talking about people, I can literally see trash on the street in the google street view, but I'm hoping it was trash day!)

It's a house for rent. Just wondering if it's safe and quiet, because I don't know that area of Warwick well. I have a young child and don't want to feel uncomfortable home alone like I did when I lived in Knightsville, Cranston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:44 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,998,298 times
Why did you feel uncomfortable in Knightsville??

Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM

13 posts, read 41,315 times
Because every day after school, hoardes of roving teenagers would be screaming and fighting on the street, including with baseball bats, right out side my front door. Because crazy, literally crazy, drunk people would knock on my door to tell me about their grandson having a bone disorder or can they use my phone. Because it was almost completely rented and owned by slumlords, therefore almost no one took care of the property, as evidenced by overgrown weeds, garbage, dead cars, shall I go on? The rats all over the place?

So, do you know anything about that area of Warwick?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,998,298 times
No but I've never seen the part of Knightsville you're referring to. I go there to Cafe Itri to eat quite frequently and it seems like a perfectly nice area. I didn't think it was that large an area either.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,679 times
My family is relocating to Warwick and I was wondering what current residents had to say...good or bad. I have been researching it as much as I can and it seems like a lovely place to live. I currently live in GA and have for the past 6+ years but both my husband and I were born in New England, in Connecticut.

We have actually found a home on Eton Avenue that we are very interested in...not sure what "area" that is in but the house is lovely....

Oooh yes and one other thing....anyone know where I can get an authentic Italian Rum cake up in RI...haven't had one of those in years used to get them from Franklin Avenue in Hartford, CT...thanks!

Any information good or bad would be greatly appreciated...

Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 AM

121 posts, read 271,068 times
Default Oakland Beach is rough

Warwick is nice, busy with lots of shopping, but airplane noise all around. Oakland Beach is not nice. Noisy and dirty. When I ,moved to Warwick, the police dept did not recommend oakland beach. They said stay away! Pawtuxet and Governor Francis are the better areas.....

Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 16,437 times
I lived in Warwick for 7 years in Jr High and High school..I lived in Warwick Neck (Lighthouse Estates) Oakland Beach is trashy..as far as dirt and teenagers go....umm it is however close by to Vets Highschool....Theres always trouble there..I remember walking around with a couple of freinds alittle past dark one night and coming across a small party?? on the beach but couldnt see the people behind the bush...there was a girl screaming at a couple guys and when they heard us we were chased..pretty scary..I recommend the Warwick Neck or Apponaug/Naragansett Parkway areas for families

Old 09-15-2009, 03:54 PM

9,294 posts, read 14,908,083 times
Is this the type of Italian rum cake you're looking for?

Scialo Bakery: Order Specialty Cakes & Breads Online (http://www.scialobakery.com/onlinestore/specialty.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island