Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and 2 young children recently relocated to Richmond. We have been juxtaposing the West End vs. Chesterfield. We seem to have found a home we like in Salisbury, but have no idea what the neighborhood itself is like. I've done my homework on schools and the Weaver/Midlo/Midlo combo seems great. Just wondered if anyone had any insight into neighborhood "feel." Are there many young families? So far we've found Richmond to be not so very friendly - but perhpas we haven't given it a fair chance. Is this Southside as well? We just miss our old neighborhood where kids would run out to play in neighbors yards and we'd congregate on our porches...Any thought to whether or not Salisbury fits the bill? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 08:05 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,153,865 times
Hmmm, can't help you with Salisbury. You might try driving through there about 7pm one evening during the week, and then maybe about 10am on a Saturday morning, and again about 7pm Saturday night (hopefully when it is not so blazing hot!). That will hopefully give you a good feel for the neighborhood. And if they have a community pool, go over there and ask some residents what they think!

Now, if you want to venture over to River's Bend we can give you just what you're looking for!! :-)

Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 PM

418 posts, read 1,050,269 times
I live in the neighborhood right next to Salisbury and we love it here - we are in a different school district, Robious/Robious/James River - also excellent. I have loved living here, I have found everyone to be really friendly. These are older neighborhoods so you have a wide mix of families, from young families to empty nesters and widows. I like that. You probably won't find as many young families as you would in a new subdivision though. Salisbury does have a very active mother's group. Are your children in Preschool or school yet? Between preschool and Weaver you will meet more people than you want! PM me if you want with the street you are looking at and I will give you more info if I can. Love Love Love this part of Richmond though.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,792,078 times
Quote:
We just miss our old neighborhood where kids would run out to play in neighbors yards and we'd congregate on our porches
Drive further down 711 to the neighborhoods past the HS. See if those fit your bill if neighborhoody. Past that area on 711 is Powhatan. Most homes are built on much larger parcels. Powhatan is more known for privacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: