Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,221 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Texas to Richmond for grad school. I am a nurse and will be working at Bon Secours and attending VCU for my master's and doctoral degrees. I have been looking at places online and they all seem to be the same. I need some help from some local residents to find out where the good areas are. So, like I said, I will be working and going to school at Bon Secours and VCU, so I'd like to be in that area, preferably within walking/biking distance. Public transport is an option, too. (Is there good public transport in Richmond?) I want to live in a loft style apartment with hardwood floors and lots of character with either 2 bedrooms or a bedroom with a den/loft, one bathroom is fine, two is great. I'd love for this place to have a pool/hot tub and a gym. Safety is a major factor, I don't want to feel like I am going to be abducted if i don't have 25 deadbolts on my door. If it's more than 2 stories, I would like to have an elevator. I am looking to spend about $1000/mo. I would go up to $1300/mo if all utilities, etc. are included (which would be flippin amazing!) Something that is on the bottom of this list, but would just make my day is a great view of the city. Thank you guys so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,699,343 times
In Shokoe Bottom: Pohlig Box Factory, Superior Apartments, River Lofts (Lucky Strike is the nicest but maybe too expensive).

Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Bon Secours and VCU are in separate areas of the city so it will be difficult to find a place to live that is within biking/walking distance to both....you need to decide if you want to be near VCU or Bon Secours. Are you going to be at St.Mary's or St.Francis?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdubois View Post
Bon Secours are both in safe places. VCU is NOT
14009 Rockbasket turn For Sale, chester VA Real Estate
Dude can you stop advertising this house on the forums. This is a conversational forum not a real estate show (excuse me can I get a moderator over here!)

Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,778,862 times
VCU is certainly safe. I live down the street. And am not trying to sell a house in Chester...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
View detailed profiles of: