Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
ERH ERH started this thread

1,703 posts, read 2,543,150 times

Advertisements

There are a few bands I like that will be playing The National in the next few weeks. I'm driving up from NC...any suggestions for places to spend the afternoon, get something to eat, and even possibly stay overnight in the area?

BTW, I'm desperate for tix to the 30 Seconds to Mars show Monday night, so if you have them, send me a DM. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM

92 posts, read 255,151 times
What are you interested in? Do you like shopping, museums, parks, etc? Carytown has a bunch of little shops and restaurants. Although I'm not a fan of the shops there I love walking around the area and getting food. I love Belle Isle and Maymont. Good parks to walk around if the weather is nice. You can check out the shockoe slip area for a bunch of restaurants too. There are a ton of art galleries downtown. I've only been to the main art museum so you'd have to research some of the smaller galleries if you're into that type of thing. Then there's the Edgar Allan Poe Museum and some civil war museums. You can drive to Short Pump or Stony Point if you want to do some shopping but I'm guessing you have malls where you're at so that's not as much fun.

Have fun at The National! It's a great venue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond