Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:49 AM

10 posts, read 17,770 times

Advertisements

I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume they are mentally challenged. Did someone in Richmond ruin your life? Did your job fire you? Or you just haven't seen much of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM

894 posts, read 2,318,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsocool View Post
I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume they are mentally challenged. Did someone in Richmond ruin your life? Did your job fire you? Or you just haven't seen much of the US.
Ha Ha Ha! Agreed. But notice how the OP has mysteriously not returned. Obviously a troll and just wanted to start trouble. And we just keep feeding him!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM

66 posts, read 137,569 times
WOW....I must admit, my first impression was similar to the OP's

BUT....that interstate drive is HORRID and NOT AT ALL a reflection of Richmond. The center and south sides of downtown Richmond are actually very nice, as is Seminary area. Also Short Pump and Midlothian are great and beautiful, bustling, brand-spanking new suburbs with awesome access to tons of amenities. No the downtown isn't like Charlotte where everything is shiny and new, but Richmond has history that 95% of America will never have because of it's longevity and preservation

Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM

10 posts, read 17,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBat View Post
Ha Ha Ha! Agreed. But notice how the OP has mysteriously not returned. Obviously a troll and just wanted to start trouble. And we just keep feeding him!

HAHA so true.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaaa View Post
Richmond is by far the ugliest city I have ever been to.
Which one is it, first it's the Ugliest in the US, now the ugliest YOU'VE been too? So I take it you've been to every city in the US?

Quote:
The city is covered in a residual haze that never, ever entirely clears. Richmond resembles post-WWII Soviet Russia.
Where is this haze? I never see it? Do you have pics from your trip to post WWII Soviet Russia, I'd love to see them.

Nothings better than a pointless rant disguised to look like it's actual based on something other than biased opinion. I Live in Richmond but not from here, sounds like you made a trip down 95 and blamed that on the whole city, or you need glasses.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:28 AM

873 posts, read 1,020,849 times
Take it from someone from North Carolina who's driven north (and south) countless times on I-95 through Richmond - it is nowhere near the ugliest city on that route, much less the United States. In fact, I view driving through Richmond south as a relief - I know that the heaviest traffic I've faced on I-95 will be gone for several hours now, and that I get to turn onto I-85 south just 30 minutes later. Also, having stayed in town with a friend, I've seen its beauty upfront. In other words, get over it, floridaaa.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:58 PM

221 posts, read 438,844 times
"Oh yeah, Richmond is so ugly."

"Where in Richmond did you go?"

"Well...nowhere. I just drove by on I95 and saw the backside of warehouses."

"Your credibility just skyrocketed."

Ignorance is bliss....

Old 08-21-2011, 08:06 PM

5,052 posts, read 6,360,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp_fan View Post
"Oh yeah, Richmond is so ugly."

"Where in Richmond did you go?"

"Well...nowhere. I just drove by on I95 and saw the backside of warehouses."

"Your credibility just skyrocketed."

Ignorance is bliss....
Dallas is the ugliest city in the US, and I haven't even been there-that's how ugly it is.

[Note: I have, and it's beautiful...]

Old 08-22-2011, 03:16 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,896,235 times
There are many cities in the mid atlantic region which are ugly and to me Richmond is not on the list. I will not mention them as they know who they are.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM

469 posts, read 971,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsocool View Post
I agree that Richmond is certainly not ugly and that it has character which a few observers wouldn't look or contemplate long enough to absorb. There are some on this Forum who obviously receive a rush from anonymously throwing out short shallow descriptives to cause what they think is maximum in your face damage to the opinions of those with whom they disagree with words like "Ugliest in the U.S." and "cesspool" (in another thread). It does make you wonder what the burr in their saddle really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond