Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2006, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 18,586 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
Hope everybody is well,
I am arabic man from Morocco,Casablanca city ,to those who don't now the location of Morocco ,it is a country in north Africa,just meditranean sea separate us from Spain/Europe.
I want to know how is life in this, city of Richmond,and how is the people behaviour of the foreign arabic people, how much approximatively can coast a rent of a simple small single house,and work and study there,everything you can tell me about there please .
thank you very much for your help.
regards to you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2006, 04:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,794 times
Wink i lived in richmond

hi lived in richmond for about all my life, but recently i moved to virginia beach.
richmond is a wonderful place. but of course everywhere there is a good place and then again a bad place. what school are you going to in richmond... University of richmond, VCU,........?
It also depends on where you live. richmond is the city in the middle of a couple of counties. i lived right on the border of the city limits and chesterfield county's limit. it's nice in my neighborhood but in some parts of richmond there are so much violent and drugs. In the southside of richmond, it is very bad. It is the number 1 drug,gang, and murder capital.
all of this might scare you but.... don't let it.
Richmond may have a lot of violence but most of the time you don't see it, you just here it on the news.
there are many good attractions such as the governor's house, or the Hallacoust (sp?) museum, or the state capital building or many many old buildings back when slavery accured. Richmond was the first capital of the united states so you can imagine all of the history that took place there.
There are so many different races, that every where i go it looks like a big bag of trail mix with everything in it.
i am half asain and half white. there are many asians whites, many many blacks, hispanic, indian,. i love it because all of the schools are very diverse. everyone has respect for every race.
overall, richmond is a wonderful place, it really is just like any other place except more diverse and a lot more history to it.
Come and i can garrantee you that you'll love it..........
write back if you need me to answer any otherquestions

Old 02-21-2006, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 9,811 times
what part of richmond did you live in? 'm planning on moving near there in the next few months from new orleans. i've looked mainly in mechanicsville. any info on that place? thanks

Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,388,496 times
mechanicsville would be a great place to live it is growing and has all the stores anyone would need to survive, new houses good schools . in my opinion you couldnt locate in a better place!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 9,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong
mechanicsville would be a great place to live it is growing and has all the stores anyone would need to survive, new houses good schools . in my opinion you couldnt locate in a better place!
do you live in mechanicsville? if so, do you know of any apt complexes i should take a look at while i'm there?

Old 03-21-2006, 04:11 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,388,496 times
Default Mechanicsville

THERE IS A NICE APT. COMPLEX SOUTH WEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF i-295 AND RT 360 (ITS OFF RT 156 COLD HARBOR RD.) I DONT KNOW THE NAME OF IT BUT MY FRIEND LIVED THERE AND DIDNT WANT TO MOVE.
MANY OF THE GREAT BATTLES OF THE CIVIL WAR WERE FOUGHT IN AND AROUND MECHNICSVILLE, IT IS RICH WITH AMERICAN HISTORY.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:55 AM

4 posts, read 45,140 times
Question Looking to reside in Chesterfield County

I'm currently living in Hawaii with my husband and 2 girls. We are planning on leaving the military life and looking to reside somehwere in VA close to the city for work but live in a nice neighborhood with good schools for my girls. Does anyone live in or is familiar with Chester? Any information would be greatly appriciated. Aloha..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond