Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,080 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are a couple with one small pooch, relocating to Richmond for work.

Will be working in downtown Richmond, and would like some suggestions on which neighborhoods would fit us.

Looking for a single family house, in a subdivision with amenities such as pool, gym. Golf course living would be great, but with a budget of 400k, not sure we can achieve this. Having at least a mile walking trail is also important since we like to walk.

Grocery stores - kroger, wegmans, publix, trader joes, food lion, costco (not all but maybe 3 of these?)would be ideal..to have within 5mi radius.

Planning to have kids within 5yrs, so a decent school discrict would be good to have bit not a deal breaker at this point.

Midlothian seems to fit most of this, but then the commute gets over 30mins.. im trying to keep the commute under 30.

We also looked at short pump/twin hickory, while it seems convenient they lack the walking trails which are kind of a deal breaker..(I don't consider side walks next to roads walking trails)..

Are there any other neighborhoods I should consider or check out?

I did a quick search on mechanisville, they seem to lack a lot of convenience (stores amenities), and also no walking trails..

Ashland seems similar that it's out there but walking trails don't exist and not convenient to go anywhere..

Please let me know if you could recommend some other place I haven't checked out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 02:43 PM

485 posts, read 690,907 times
Midlo wise - You should get to Brandermill or Birkdale area under 30 minutes with expressway (tolls) - depending on time of day (add about 5-10 minutes more during rush hour). Maybe even Charter Colony. I'm thinking all the areas right where Powhite drops off.

Right at Powhite/Robious there is Settlers Landing which is an older subdivision that has a pool.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,320,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmi627 View Post
Hi,

We are a couple with one small pooch, relocating to Richmond for work.

Will be working in downtown Richmond, and would like some suggestions on which neighborhoods would fit us.

Looking for a single family house, in a subdivision with amenities such as pool, gym. Golf course living would be great, but with a budget of 400k, not sure we can achieve this. Having at least a mile walking trail is also important since we like to walk.

Grocery stores - kroger, wegmans, publix, trader joes, food lion, costco (not all but maybe 3 of these?)would be ideal..to have within 5mi radius.

Planning to have kids within 5yrs, so a decent school discrict would be good to have bit not a deal breaker at this point.

Midlothian seems to fit most of this, but then the commute gets over 30mins.. im trying to keep the commute under 30.

We also looked at short pump/twin hickory, while it seems convenient they lack the walking trails which are kind of a deal breaker..(I don't consider side walks next to roads walking trails)..

Are there any other neighborhoods I should consider or check out?

I did a quick search on mechanisville, they seem to lack a lot of convenience (stores amenities), and also no walking trails..

Ashland seems similar that it's out there but walking trails don't exist and not convenient to go anywhere..

Please let me know if you could recommend some other place I haven't checked out!
Hi! I live in Midlothian and it sounds like Birkdale may be a good fit for what you are describing. Salisbury is lovely as well, however that is a private golf course. Independence Club is public and is not far down the road from Midlothian Turnpike or the Robious Corridor. I often tell my clients to drive around the area for a few days and see what neighborhoods speak to them. There are a lot of neighborhoods that I think you would like. Maybe Walton Park, Woodlake, etc. Feel free to message me if you want to talk more specifics. Good luck and welcome to RVA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond