Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 03:57 PM

30 posts, read 28,572 times

Advertisements

How would you finish the sentences?

Richmond is a GOOD fit for people who...

Richmond is a BAD fit for people who...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 05:46 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
Is this for the Richmond area or just the city?

Old 07-19-2023, 09:20 AM

30 posts, read 28,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Is this for the Richmond area or just the city?
Let's say Richmond and its closest suburbs (Bon Air, Ginter Park, etc).

Old 07-25-2023, 03:41 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Good questions. I’m curious to read the responses

Old 08-10-2023, 05:13 AM

24 posts, read 16,856 times
Good fit for people who are low key, and VERY laid back.

Old 08-10-2023, 05:14 AM

24 posts, read 16,856 times
[quote=LavenderDays;65567863]How would you finish the sentences?

Richmond is a GOOD fit for people who...are low key and VERY laid back.

Richmond is a BAD fit for people who...are are outspoken and want to get things done quickly.

Just my opinion

Old 08-10-2023, 07:46 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderDays View Post
How would you finish the sentences?

Richmond is a GOOD fit for people who...

Richmond is a BAD fit for people who...
Its a good fit for the young who don't need Public Schools and only require a corner store and delivery pizza.

Its a bad fit for parents and those that expect competency from those running the city..

Old 08-31-2023, 09:33 PM

319 posts, read 278,576 times
For me it would be a good fit because I like to get out and do things. I will be in Richmond Saturday to watch the Spiders play a football game. I live in the Fredericksburg area so Richmond is not a horrible drive for a visit. I've been to the Botanical Garden, NASCAR Races, Cary Street, Children's Museum, the Richmond Zoo, I use the Richmond Airport, the trains in Ashland are fun, Kings Dominion, I don't think one would be bored in Richmond.

Old 09-01-2023, 05:58 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,681,950 times
Enjoy your weekend here. Couldn’t ask for better weather!

Old 09-02-2023, 09:39 AM

965 posts, read 4,498,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeytangofoxtrotalpha View Post
For me it would be a good fit because I like to get out and do things. I will be in Richmond Saturday to watch the Spiders play a football game. I live in the Fredericksburg area so Richmond is not a horrible drive for a visit. I've been to the Botanical Garden, NASCAR Races, Cary Street, Children's Museum, the Richmond Zoo, I use the Richmond Airport, the trains in Ashland are fun, Kings Dominion, I don't think one would be bored in Richmond.
To the OP, whisk....alpha: I live in NoVA and hope to retire in the Richmond, VA, area one day, so I read this forum. In my area, we have something called WETA PBS television broadcasts, and around this time of the year, PBS will televise stories about Great Scenic Railroads and talk about train trips to the Shenandoah/Blue Ridge areas to see fall foliage. Beautiful, beautiful! The TV shows that I saw talked about train trips that were originating in Cumberland, MD, if I remember correctly.

When you mentioned the "trains in Ashland," I looked up their website to see if they hosted railway day trips. Well, I kept poking around on the Internet and found this article:

Virginia Fall Foliage Train Rides (2023): A Complete Guide
Published: April 10, 2023 / By: Adam Burns

"For many years there were no excursions at all available in Virginia. However, that changed in recent years when short line freight carrier Buckingham Branch began hosting upscale excursions along its railroad located in central Virginia. Among their available trips are fall foliage excursions, ..."

At the end of the article, this website was mentioned Virginia Scenic Railway (www.virginiascenicrailway.com). Hot dog! Now, VA has some nice day trips involving train rides.

OP, if you had not mentioned the Ashland Trains, I would never have discovered info about Virginia's fall foliage train rides. Thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond