Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM

78 posts, read 270,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenia0611 View Post
Thanks so much! I am actually leaning towards Summit at Roanoke located on 220 south. Anyone knows how these apartments are overall? The rent seems reasonable and location isn't bad either. Any information on this apartment complex will be really helpful.

Thank you
I spent the weekend looking at apartments in Roanoke since I too am relocating for work. I spoke to some tenants at this place and they said they have a problem with raccoons and possums getting into things and making a mess. I agree with an earlier poster about the Orchards, they seemed the nicest of the apartment communities I looked at. After everything though, I ended up leasing a single family home through Hall Associates. They were awesome and really worked hard for me to get everything taken care of on very short notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,844,272 times
Lived or knew someone who lived in 'The Pines, Pebble Creek, Stone Brook, Honeywood, Sunscape, Salemwood'. These are the top choices in this area.

Listings:
Roanoke Apartments for Rent - Roanoke, VA on ApartmentGuide.com

Also, depending on where you work you can find something closeby.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:24 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,160,813 times
This thread is helpful for me as I am currently looking for a rental home in Roanoke. I'll be working downtown, but so far in checking around the downtown apartments seem fully leased or don't allow pets. I might look at some of the aforementioned complexes...however, I have found a SFH in Old Southwest that I kinda love. Just trying to decide if that area is right for me. I have studied up on it pretty extensively including reading the OSW Neighborhood Plan. Any additional thoughts from locals (other than what's already been stated in this thread)? Thanks!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:08 AM

216 posts, read 422,403 times
One place that always seems to be leasing downtown is 8 Jefferson Place on North Jefferson. They always have a leasing sign out and from what I have heard, it is one of the more cheaper options in downtown.

OSW is a great neighborhood as well. Been in a battle with the wife about buying a place there in the spring. Hope I win

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Thanks! I did call 8 Jefferson but they were missing two of my requirements: washer/dryer in unit and a balcony. Too bad because it is right by my new office.

I think the OSW house is going to win out if I can get them to come down a bit on rent. Good luck on convincing your wife -- I saw plenty of For Sale signs in the Highland Park area of OSW yesterday (in fact I looked at one of those houses).

Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 AM

Hey there Roanokers - I am reconsidering 8 Jefferson and just wanted to get any additional feedback on downtown living. The apts do not have everything I want, but if I can overcome that, there is a big upside (I can walk to work and all other downtown stuff, the space is large and functional, etc). I have read the other threads where downtown living is mentioned, but just wanted to see if anyone has any additional input on living in downtown. I'm a single 41-y-o female, and I'm curious if downtown residents are primarily 20-somethings? It's hard to tell. Where I come from (DC area) there are certain areas that are primarily people in their 20s and I want to avoid that here.

Oh, also -- does anyone know whether the pedestrian bridge is air-conditioned? I can't check it out since it's closed this week.

Thanks for all the great info!

Last edited by CapsChick; 07-26-2011 at 05:33 AM..

Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 AM

59 posts, read 179,717 times
good question! anyone know?
====================

11 posts, read 2,331 times

" I'm a single 41-y-o female, and I'm curious if downtown residents are primarily 20-somethings? It's hard to tell. Where I come from (DC area) there are certain areas that are primarily people in their 20s and I want to avoid that here. "

Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,896,235 times
For singles, downtown is definately ideal.
This site may help with location:Roanoke, VA Downtown District | The Official Website of Downtown Roanoke, Inc

Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM

59 posts, read 179,717 times
Roanoker-Ideal for singles, but what about her age group? She is 41-

Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 AM

216 posts, read 422,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotoday View Post
Roanoker-Ideal for singles, but what about her age group? She is 41-

Have you been to METRO on a Thurs, Fri or Sat night? It's full of people in there mid 30s and 40s. Frankie Rowlands is the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area