Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2022, 08:35 AM

59 posts, read 112,803 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to the area and am looking for a very experienced relocation agent. Before you refer yourself or someone else, it would be helpful to please provide some background on the agent or at least be sure they can offer what I need.

Specifically, I need someone who has extensive experience helping clients relocate from over 6 hours away. It's much different than working with local clients. They also need to understand the perimeter towns around Roanoke and Bedford.

I also would like a full time realtor with more than 10 years in the area, not a hobbyist or part time agent.

This will be my 8th primary home purchase and hopefully my last.

I will not buy a home in Roanoke and am looking for privacy, quiet, no light pollution and a bit of land (1-5 acres) but not so far out that I'm isolated. I need proximity (within 10 miles) of a good grocery store and within a 30-40 minute drive to Pelican Point Yacht club.

I'm considering Hardy, Bent Mountain, north or east of Vinton, and outside (West) of Bedford. I'm okay with a just a zip code town, as long as it's fairly close to services in Bedford or Roanoke. I prefer a no HOA home.

I can't remember if it's allowed to refer realtors or not, but feel free to direct message me if you're able.

Also would like to ask where are the local, organic farmers and integrative health practitioners (preferably functional medicine) in and around the area?

I don't have kids so schools aren't important to me. I enjoy hiking, swimming, sailing, biking, yoga and almost anything the outdoor lifestyle offers and hope to meet others who enjoy the same. My 9 yo rescue pup is looking forward to the mountain life.

Old 03-18-2022, 10:56 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,059,032 times
Here's a good source re local food...
https://www.leapforlocalfood.org

This might be one source of integrative medicine:
https://www.thecenterforultrahealth....ichael-arthur/

My spouse has some unique medical issues (including Lyme) and has been helped a lot by:
Dr Janine Talty - About Us

Be sure and calculate the drive times (and not just the mileage) if you are trying to be within 30-40 minutes of Pelican Point. That might be a challenge. You will find full service Kroger stores in Rocky Mount and in the Smith Mountain Lake area (Westlake center - address may be Hardy but Moneta is a better identifier as far as I can tell).

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2022, 11:22 AM

Thank you so much, Watchville! I'm sure those links will be very helpful.

I'm from a rural mountain area and yes drive times can be much longer than mileage might suggest. But oh the bliss of arriving home!!

Old 03-18-2022, 12:24 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessLyratheKind View Post
Thank you so much, Watchville! I'm sure those links will be very helpful.

I'm from a rural mountain area and yes drive times can be much longer than mileage might suggest. But oh the bliss of arriving home!!
We live in Botetourt County - Daleville - which is the opposite direction - about 20 minutes from downtown Roanoke. Close enough yet far enough!

Old 03-20-2022, 04:59 AM

Looks like a lovely spot. It's just in the wrong direction for easy drive to SML.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area