Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,928 times

Advertisements

Hello, first post in this forum

I'm heading down here from Toronto via bus on the weekend of the 4th of Aug and I will be heading to Hammergirl Anime at the Jefferson Plaza down in Henrietta.

I was wondering if any of the taxis from the bus station will be willing to drive me down there, or do I need to ask one of the agents at the bus station to call me one?

Also, is there any phone number for a reliable taxi to drive me back to the bus station at say 8:30pm on the same day? My bus back to Toronto will be departing 9:45pm..

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 PM

Bleh, I can't seem to edit my first post.

Just wanted to add that since I do not know how to drive, renting a car is not an option.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 PM

192 posts, read 531,226 times
I’m assuming that your bus will stop either at or across the street from the Amtrak Train station downtown, and there are always a ton of taxis lined up outside the Amtrak station so you should not have a problem getting a ride from them. Keep in mind that the Rochester metropolitan area is significantly smaller the GTA so the taxis down there will take you out to Henrietta no problem….they could probably drive you out there in less than 15 minutes.

If by some chance there wasn’t a taxi down there I'll post links to two local taxi services you could call one of them ahead of time, or when you get here via cell phone. BTW is there some sort of anime convention going on out there at the shop in Henrietta?

http://www.rochestertaxiservice.com

http://www.rochestertaxicab.com

Old 07-30-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrion14621 View Post
I’m assuming that your bus will stop either at or across the street from the Amtrak Train station downtown, and there are always a ton of taxis lined up outside the Amtrak station so you should not have a problem getting a ride from them. Keep in mind that the Rochester metropolitan area is significantly smaller the GTA so the taxis down there will take you out to Henrietta no problem….they could probably drive you out there in less than 15 minutes.

If by some chance there wasn’t a taxi down there I'll post links to two local taxi services you could call one of them ahead of time, or when you get here via cell phone. BTW is there some sort of anime convention going on out there at the shop in Henrietta?

http://www.rochestertaxiservice.com

http://www.rochestertaxicab.com
Nope. Its actually a big card game tournament of an Anime/Video card game called Weiss Schwarz. I can't go to Rochester often and last time I went was a couple of months ago with a couple of buddies. This time however, their car is full so I'm planning to make the trip myself.

And yes I will be heading to the Bus station near the Amtrak station. Megabus although way better do not have an evening bus back to Toronto and I'm not willing to spend $150 if another bus can.

I'll keep those two numbers in mind. It will definitely be needed over in Henrietta where taxis are more scarce. Heck last time I was there, all I saw was cars and minivans. :P

Last edited by TKWizard; 07-30-2012 at 06:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area