Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 07:19 PM

93,350 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Why those two and not any of the others listed? Just curious, they both look like great communities.
They are nice, but that means a longer drive to Geneseo. Personally, I'd stick with the towns near 390 between Geneseo and Henrietta for a happy medium between the campus and shopping.

Scottsville may also work as well.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 02-28-2014 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 PM

34 posts, read 74,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Why those two and not any of the others listed? Just curious, they both look like great communities.
Both are south of the city and also pretty close with decent schools... I didn't speak on the others like Lima & Honeyoye as I have little knowledge of those areas I was always in the immediate area of Rochester. Now as far as the commute to Geneseo I also have no knowledge on as I've never been out that way either. But if I were raising kids and didn't want to be in RCSD or the middle of nowhere I'd pick those two.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:06 AM

Here is some more school information: 2013 Rochester Area school district rankings - Buffalo - Business First

What may be another plus to the Honeoye Falls-Lima area is that it is close enough to shopping in Henrietta and Victor(about 15-20 minutes from each), as well as being within a 20-25 drive of Geneseo.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-01-2014 at 06:12 AM..

Old 03-05-2014, 03:02 PM

270 posts, read 468,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Perhaps SeaBreeze or Roseland in Canandaigua. Seabreeze Amusement Park

Roseland Waterpark

I'm just not sure if the kids are too young to enjoy either place though.
Seabreeze is not in Canandaigua. Seabreeze is a pretty ghetto place!

Old 03-05-2014, 03:06 PM

That was in reference to Roseland Waterpark being in Canandaigua and SeaBreeze is in the ghetto now?

Old 03-05-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That was in reference to Roseland Waterpark being in Canandaigua and SeaBreeze is in the ghetto now?
You were the one who put Seabreeze in the same sentence with Canandaigua. If you see how many young punks hang around Seabreeze looking for fights or pick pockets then you would know. But I guess it would be fine for someone who considers 19th Ward a good neighborhood.

Last edited by superleggera; 03-05-2014 at 03:56 PM..

Old 03-05-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera View Post
You were the one who put Seabreeze in the same sentence with Canandaigua. If you see how many young monkeys hang around Seabreeze looking for fights or pick pockets then you would know. But I guess it would be fine for someone who considers 19th Ward a good neighborhood.
Nope, there was an or in between SeaBreeze and Roseland. So, I didn't say that SeaBreeze was in Canandaigua.

Monkeys hang out at SeaBreeze?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Nope, there was an or in between SeaBreeze and Roseland. So, I didn't say that SeaBreeze was in Canandaigua.

Monkeys hang out at SeaBreeze?
Go back and read again. Why would OP bring 3 and 5 year old to Seabreeze where the kids are not going to get on many rides not to mention how many thugs hang around there.

OP, you can also check out Rochester Museum and Science Center besides Strong Children Museum and the Zoo as you mentioned. It is much safe and productive than Seabreeze. Welcome to Rochester NY!

Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Go back and read again. Why would OP bring 3 and 5 year old to Seabreeze where the kids are not going to get on many rides not to mention how many thugs hang around there.

OP, you can also check out Rochester Museum and Science Center besides Strong Children Museum and the Zoo as you mentioned. It is much safe and productive than Seabreeze. Welcome to Rochester NY!
Again, who are these "monkeys" that go to SeaBreeze? Or are they thugs?

Sorry OP, but I'd still look into it, as well as other options.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:25 PM

34 posts, read 74,616 times
Quote:

I'll be the first to admit seabreeze has its issues...But it's no war zone. No reason why one can't go there and have a good time. Just like Charlotte beach...Another place with some issues and though I wouldn't swim there I hung out with friends there regularly and plan to do so when I return. People should not be afraid to enjoy simple things in life just because there are some unfortunate events that take place from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area