Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 07:27 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
I believe voting for best state park in the country ends today, last I checked Letchworth was #1. Watkins Glen was also up near the top too.
Yep, Letchworth was #1 and Watkins Glen was # 3: NY's Letchworth State Park gets top spot in Reader Poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:09 AM

15 posts, read 17,381 times
One thing is for sure. The food here is horrible, I mean absolutely horrible. It's either bar food or greasy food that's ridiculously expensive. Compare that to the variety of food options I used to have just a week ago in the South and priced half of what they are in Rochester. Oh, and don't forget they taste authentic too. I am already committed to leaving Rochester in less than 6 months now, thanks but no thanks. This isn't a place I see myself living for the rest of my life, or even till the next year to begin with.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:51 AM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedazzledtraveler View Post
One thing is for sure. The food here is horrible, I mean absolutely horrible. It's either bar food or greasy food that's ridiculously expensive. Compare that to the variety of food options I used to have just a week ago in the South and priced half of what they are in Rochester. Oh, and don't forget they taste authentic too. I am already committed to leaving Rochester in less than 6 months now, thanks but no thanks. This isn't a place I see myself living for the rest of my life, or even till the next year to begin with.
What food options did you have in the South? What parts of the South did you go to? You can get your share of greasy food there as well.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Mvl

102 posts, read 146,591 times
Wow, you're disappointed in the food so you're leaving the area? Curious as to where you dined that turned you against the area so quickly? There are some very wonderful restaurants in the city and the suburbs that I would put up against any world class restaurants I've dined at in NY, Chicago, Toronto, Maui, Vegas, New Orleans, SF, Dallas, LA, Atlanta, Bermuda, Mexico, shall I go on? But seriously, where did you eat that you formed such a quick assessment of the food/area?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM

466 posts, read 982,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedazzledtraveler View Post
Rochester has a lot of great restaurants. Where have you been that's so horrible? My assumption is you haven't tried 99.999999% of the areas restaurants and generally just don't know what you're talking about.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:51 PM

Keep in mind this person had their mind made up about Rochester before they even got here. No offense, I don't take much of what you say seriously.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:03 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,937 times
I hate this city as much as the next guy but damn, saying the food sucks here is lulzy at best. If there is one and only one thing Rochester really has going for it, it's food.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
I hate this city as much as the next guy but damn, saying the food sucks here is lulzy at best. If there is one and only one thing Rochester really has going for it, it's food.
Not to mention they've only been here a week. LOL. There's been a lot of dumb things posted here. This ones ranks up at the top.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,329,165 times
Rochester has one of the highest populations of Italians in the country. Not even talking about other cultural foods, I'm just imagining what they all would think of somebody saying that their restaurants are not authentic and nothing but bar food...LOL!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:26 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,329,165 times
But anyways, if the OP wants "authentic" restaurants, or unique with food that is far, far from bar food in Rochester, here are some options. I have a feeling he has only been to the chain restaurants and thinks that all there is in the area:

Rooney's
Rooney's Restaurant in Rochester, New York
Good Luck
Restaurant Good Luck
Lento
Lento Restaurant - Rochester, NY
Revelry
The Revelry — Honest Food, Good Spirits
Trata
TRATA - The Restaurant at the Armory
Pane Vino
http://www.panevinoontheriver175.com/
Tapas 177
Restaurant Rochester, NY | Tapas 177
Roncone's
Rochester Italian Restaurant - Roncone's serving Italian and American food in Downtown Rochester since 1937
Astoria
Astoria Greek Cuisine Mediterranean Food | Rochester, NY | Order Online
Mr. Dominic's
Home - Mr. Dominic's 585-730-5444
Aunt Rosie's
Home | Aunt Rosie's
2 Vine
Restaurant 2Vine | 24 WINTHROP STREET, ROCHESTER, NY | 585.454.6020
Max's Chophouse
Home | Max Chophouse
Ristorante Lucano
Ristorante Lucano | A Fine Dining Italian Restaurant in Rochester, NY
Napa Wood Fire Pizza
HOME - Napa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area