Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 05:49 AM

6,461 posts, read 3,157,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The original concept of cable TV has drastically changed over the decades.

It was originally TV the consumer paid for because it was commercial-free.

Look at it now. People pay dearly for the service, yet the commercials are never ending.

It was a racket planned from day one.
You got THAT right!! And have you noticed that the "commercial breaks" are all pretty much at the same time? I can't stand commercials, and I'll switch channels when one comes on, hoping to catch 4-5 minutes of another show, then switch back to the show I was originally watching. But many times, when switching channels, the second or third channel I switch to, also is broadcasting commercials!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 03:59 PM

117 posts, read 76,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
I believe she's located in Victor, right on I90, literally right down the street from Syracuse. An inexpensive way to increase sales and test the market. If she says she's giving, be assured she's giving.
Her ad on Hulu says Subaru is donating because of the "Share the Love" event. Thats the same commercial I see on the Syracuse and Rochester news stations. I don't think she is donating she is just using Subaru's "share the love" event to bring in customers from all over, I do agree though. She is probably testing the market, hoping to expand on existing territory just like that Jane Sharon Fox lady does.

Old 02-02-2021, 01:30 AM

Well weeks after I mention that Jane Sharon Fox lady on this thread, I find out she (Ms. Fox) is retiring and sold her dealerships. I also heard some of the Fuccillo dealerships are sold to a group out of Binghamton area.

Saw ANOTHER Van Bortel Subaru ad while watching local TV on Rochester and Syracuse stations and she says buying a Subaru supports "Feeding America" I turn the station, so annoying she (Kitty Van Bortel) probably has something planned already for a third Subaru dealership there's no way she's spending thousands of $$ of ads showing her alleged participation in charity if she's not already expecting future business.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErieCanalLvR View Post
..... Saw ANOTHER Van Bortel Subaru ad while watching local TV on Rochester and Syracuse stations and she says buying a Subaru supports "Feeding America" I turn the station, so annoying she (Kitty Van Bortel) probably has something planned already for a third Subaru dealership there's no way she's spending thousands of $$ of ads showing her alleged participation in charity if she's not already expecting future business.
You realize, don't you, that the "charity" that you refer to, is a NATIONAL Subaru deal, right??

Old 02-02-2021, 05:00 PM

186 posts, read 136,050 times
Quote:
Well weeks after I mention that Jane Sharon Fox lady on this thread, I find out she (Ms. Fox) is retiring and sold her dealerships. I also heard some of the Fuccillo dealerships are sold to a group out of Binghamton area.

Saw ANOTHER Van Bortel Subaru ad while watching local TV on Rochester and Syracuse stations and she says buying a Subaru supports "Feeding America" I turn the station, so annoying she (Kitty Van Bortel) probably has something planned already for a third Subaru dealership there's no way she's spending thousands of $$ of ads showing her alleged participation in charity if she's not already expecting future business.

Years ago a dealership also in West Henrietta (not far from her "Rochester" location) had ads on like crazy for a "Pink Ribbon" event. I drove by the dealership (O'Connor's Chevrolet) and they had lots of business because of their participation in what was really GM's Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Rumor has it the idea of donating to charity makes you look good. finally cut cable after my recent complaints of seeing too much of her and do not even know of this new commercial but I'm sure it probably says the purpose of the event (someone stated her ad was due to a "NATIONAL deal").

Old 02-02-2021, 05:45 PM

5,709 posts, read 4,103,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post
Years ago a dealership also in West Henrietta (not far from her "Rochester" location) had ads on like crazy for a "Pink Ribbon" event. I drove by the dealership (O'Connor's Chevrolet) and they had lots of business because of their participation in what was really GM's Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Rumor has it the idea of donating to charity makes you look good. finally cut cable after my recent complaints of seeing too much of her and do not even know of this new commercial but I'm sure it probably says the purpose of the event (someone stated her ad was due to a "NATIONAL deal").
Manufacturers and franchisee's often team up for promotionals.

"Rumor has it the idea of donating to charity makes you look good"-------
This is called "virtue signaling" and is employed by almost every company nowadays----All the companies saluting the "front line" in the covid is virtue signaling. Businesses supporting BLM is virtue signaling. Commercials on TV featuring interacial or gay couples is virtue signaling.

Basically, it's companies patting themselves on their own back for "caring"

Old 02-02-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres4evR View Post

That's true, donating to charity makes you look good - but even you said it yourself Kitty Van Bortel is sooo annoying and makes you want to cut cable. I'd rather see more ads for Driver's Village or one of James Provenzano's dealerships on TV than her.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:47 AM

I'm finding that the sudden rash of "junk mail" that's arriving in my e-mail account's inbox, is FAR more irritating that the occasional Kitty Van Bortel commercial.....

Old 02-04-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I'm finding that the sudden rash of "junk mail" that's arriving in my e-mail account's inbox, is FAR more irritating that the occasional Kitty Van Bortel commercial.....
"Occasional" what!? She's on EVERY Day now. Even when I go to the restaurant one of her ads comes on the TV.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
"Occasional" what!? She's on EVERY Day now. Even when I go to the restaurant one of her ads comes on the TV.
Do you have some sort of personal grudge against Ms. Van Bortel? If not, what's the big deal? A commercial is a commercial, annoying NO MATTER WHO IT IS.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area