Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 03:59 PM

12 posts, read 18,095 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks!

I just wanted to point out how idiotic the doctors and healthcare system in Indiana PA is. Oh Boy! I don't know where to start--Here goes!

The doctors here don't seem to have the basic knowledge they should have. I've tried different doctors with similar problems. My current medical history is hypothyroidism. I currently take 50 micrograms of Levothyroxine, and have had no problems. I've been on this current dose for a while now. I have no other medical problems. The previous amount of time was once a year to see a doctor which is fine if you don't have serious health problems which I don't. I was informed by the secretary that it changed to every 6 months. I told her I would prefer every year but relented. More recently it was every three months now every two. I have been more vocal and said it wasn't necessary to see him that often. She wouldn't let me off the hook and basically forced me to submit. I did reluctantly. She stated that the doctor told her to do that and I can always cancel. I stated that that seemed silly--why make an appointment if she knows I will cancel. I even told him directly during my exam but he avoided the issue. I feel this is impractical and I am being forced to do something I don't want to. Let's look at the BIG OBVIOUS PICTURE--IT'S ALL ABOUT $$$$$ YEAH-MONEY! Doctors and pharmaceutical companies are married to each other and they are both benefiting at the expense of the patients. I don't know if I'll find a doctor who doesn't. Another sticky part of the situation is the doctor belongs to the same church parish as me and it would be awkward if I leave (I didn't think of that).

The next dilemma affects the status of my health records. I saw a pulmonologist for rhinitis and sleep apnea. I was wrongly diagnosed with copd. He was rushing me and telling me I wasn't doing the test right and made me repeat it. I had several possible diagnoses the first being most likely rhinitis (allergies) and the last being copd and other serious diseases. My doctor has clear lungs on my records when I took a test for a health care facility job. I smoked 20 years before and quit. I told this to the pulmonologist was condescending and walked out on me.

My gastroenterologist put five serious diseases I didn't have when I got my bill from my healthcare provider. I talked to the medical decoder and explained that these disease are serious disease I don't have and would you please take them off? Her reply: But you don't understand: If he doesn't put the diagnoses on he won't get money!! VERDICT: GUILTY AS SIN! THEY SCRATCH EACH OTHER'S BACKS FOR MONEY. Better yet, call it what it is: INSURANCE FRAUD! How do you fight it? These serious diseases I don't have will follow me for life. Do any of you from the Pittsburgh area or any other areas of the US have these problems with doctors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living