Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 02:08 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,897,485 times

Advertisements

What would life be like without the village idiots and eccentrics. Mass conformity is so boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 02:34 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,439,011 times
At my previous house , which was in a rural county, I had a neighbor who was definitely eccentric but nice. She lived with her Mom whose house was across the street from mine. After her Mom died she inherited that house as well as her Grandfather's house up the street. The G-father's house just sat and sat (I actually thought maybe a hermit lived there) and eventually it became uninhabitable due to a leak (the living room fell into the cellar). She sold it for just the land value. I salvaged a lot before they knocked it down.

She stayed in her Mom's house, which was also a wreck with raccoons and squirrels coming in and out of the back porch and the attic all the time. I had been inside once and it was a horror show. Although this lady was nice and sweet, I think she had spent too much time isolated with her sick Mom. and may also have been developmentally disabled as well. When the side yard was cleared, the guy with the dozer found seven cars hidden in the undergrowth! It worked out though - she traded him the cars in lieu of cash payment. I still have pictures of her and the hound dog that was dropped off in our neighborhood. She would dress him up in caps, tutus, beads and Redskins jackets. That dog would allow her to do anything to him. I believe the house is still sitting vacant on 1.5 ac. as she met a guy and has lived with him in a local trailer park for several years now. She'll never sell the house because it was her Mom's place, even if it falls down first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living