Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 02:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your responses - just saved me from an on-going headache!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 02:52 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
OP, you said your neighbor started the argument with the postal carrier, yet he is still getting his packages and you are not. You said you contacted the Post Office and were ignored. And then you contacted your State Senator and were ignored. And that Amazon is giving you the runaround.

Forgive me, but the common denominator in all of this ignore-ment is YOU. Are you sure there's not more to this story that you're not telling us?

Old 01-10-2021, 03:35 PM

1,502 posts, read 2,669,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
OP, you said your neighbor started the argument with the postal carrier, yet he is still getting his packages and you are not. You said you contacted the Post Office and were ignored. And then you contacted your State Senator and were ignored. And that Amazon is giving you the runaround.

Forgive me, but the common denominator in all of this ignore-ment is YOU. Are you sure there's not more to this story that you're not telling us?
Hi bus man, when you use the term "YOU", do you not mean all of my neighbors that the USPS ignores not just myself? In my first post I mentioned that this scenario applies to all of my neighbors with the exception of one neighbor not just myself.

To answer your question, I have nothing about me that I am aware of which would cause these entities to give me a hard time so I cannot reasonably answer your question. You would have to ask all of my neighbors who are experiencing the same issues and have also escalated this situation accordingly only to be ignored. Further, I don't know if they are on C-D.

The common denominator hypothesis would therefore apply to all of my neighbors experiencing this not just me.

Is it possible that all of the neighbors not receiving their packages are somehow collectively the problem and not the neighbor who had the altercation with the USPS carrier? I guess that anything is possible, but I don't think that is a very likely situation.

I am not sure why the idea would then cross your mind that myself (and effectively the majority of my neighbors) are not telling the posters of this thread something and that we potentially lack candor.

Could you kindly expand?

Thank you.

Last edited by va_lucky; 01-10-2021 at 04:15 PM..

Old 01-10-2021, 05:23 PM

324 posts, read 271,372 times
I'm going to ask another question....are the USPS vehicles government owned or private owned? My Aunt and Grandma both worked for the USPS however provided their own vehicle and all repairs came out of their pocket...those vehicles also didn't have a lot of room for boxes, especially large boxes...and many carriers seem to be handing boxes off to the USPS lately. I drove for FedEx for a bit and the one Co tractor was great about fixing the vehicle...the 2nd one, not so much so a bumpy road was problematic on a good day...I did rural routes. I've been bitten 2x, fallen thanks to uneven driveways/walkways/yards. I tore my back and shoulder with no medical care....needless to say I don't do that anymore.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:37 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,438,264 times
Peaceful solution: Put your mailbox at the end of the road.

Anarchic solution: You and one of your neighbors are going to have to block him in when he comes near the road and tell him how it's going to be.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Unicorn View Post
I'm going to ask another question....are the USPS vehicles government owned or private owned? My Aunt and Grandma both worked for the USPS however provided their own vehicle and all repairs came out of their pocket...those vehicles also didn't have a lot of room for boxes, especially large boxes...and many carriers seem to be handing boxes off to the USPS lately. I drove for FedEx for a bit and the one Co tractor was great about fixing the vehicle...the 2nd one, not so much so a bumpy road was problematic on a good day...I did rural routes. I've been bitten 2x, fallen thanks to uneven driveways/walkways/yards. I tore my back and shoulder with no medical care....needless to say I don't do that anymore.
Sounds like a tough time. Forget that. I don't know if the vehicles are gov't or privately owned. How do I find out?

Either way, they didn't have a problem playing dune buggie until the fight with the neighbor and they still play dune buggie directly to his house. Maybe he did things the archaic way mentioned below, lol!

Old 01-10-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Peaceful solution: Put your mailbox at the end of the road.

Anarchic solution: You and one of your neighbors are going to have to block him in when he comes near the road and tell him how it's going to be.

Good one!

Old 01-10-2021, 06:56 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,210,311 times
" USPS refuses to deliver on my private road" ---- and they should NOT deliver on your private anything. Their obligation stops on the edge of the public right of way. Put up a box out there and enjoy the same service every other American is entitled to.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Hi bus man, when you use the term "YOU", do you not mean all of my neighbors that the USPS ignores not just myself? In my first post I mentioned that this scenario applies to all of my neighbors with the exception of one neighbor not just myself.

To answer your question, I have nothing about me that I am aware of which would cause these entities to give me a hard time so I cannot reasonably answer your question. You would have to ask all of my neighbors who are experiencing the same issues and have also escalated this situation accordingly only to be ignored. Further, I don't know if they are on C-D.

The common denominator hypothesis would therefore apply to all of my neighbors experiencing this not just me.

Is it possible that all of the neighbors not receiving their packages are somehow collectively the problem and not the neighbor who had the altercation with the USPS carrier? I guess that anything is possible, but I don't think that is a very likely situation.

I am not sure why the idea would then cross your mind that myself (and effectively the majority of my neighbors) are not telling the posters of this thread something and that we potentially lack candor.

Could you kindly expand?

Thank you.
I did not recall you saying that the rest of your neighbors were still not getting their packages, only that the one who confronted the postal carrier is getting his. But in reviewing your messages on this thread, I was reminded that one of your neighbors is also ignoring you. This is in addition to the postman, the Postmaster at your local office, and your State Senator.

All I know is what you tell me, and it's based on what you told me (told us all) that I reached the conclusion that I did.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
Sounds like a tough time. Forget that. I don't know if the vehicles are gov't or privately owned. How do I find out?
U.S. Postal Service vehicles look like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...USPS_Truck.jpg

Private vehicles delivering mail look like any other private vehicle, except that they'll have a sticker, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Delivery-Magn.../dp/B00NSV85PK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living