Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 09:52 AM

5,117 posts, read 6,109,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovinedivine View Post
Sorry for being away from the Forum for a while. Angry-Koala, yes, I am aware of the Greening the Desert Project and the remarkable results they have attained. We had a Community Garden about 10 years ago, yet a destructive summer hailstorm wiped out our best intentions. I believe I have mentioned here that the Town Council is considering reviving the concept and there could possibly be grant funds sought for a knowledgable permaculture grower.

MidValleyDad, most of the folks in Branson utilize our locally-owned and -operated Internet service provider, which relies on fiber optic technology. There are three service levels depending on individual needs. If you wanted to know actual speeds and other technical information, you could DM me and I could put you in touch with the owner of the service. There are large concerns who service the area as well, though without the friendly local reliability and support the rest of us receive from someone we know and trust.

There are additional facts regarding area services over at the CO Forum - especially on page 11:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/colo...town-w-11.html

The reason for my question was with the current Remote employment trend that became so popular during the pandemic network connectivity is the key divider in where people move to. They need very reliable, very fast high capacity connections to be able to teleconference, remote school collaborate with colleagues and game and watch Hi Def TV all at the same time. Most wireless and satellite systems do not have that capacity at anywhere near a reasonable price. If your community can offer such a capability that needs to be made visible right up front. The younger people who would provide the vibrancy you are looking for are not going to consider it as a permanent home without it. As long as they can shop via Amazon it won't matter that there isn't a grocery or clothing store for 50 miles as long as they can browse and shop online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living