Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 10:32 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times

Advertisements

I need a wood shed and was wondering if any of you that had nice ones could post a pic.

I’m currently using a section of my shop to store up to 2 cords at a time.
I’d rather not keep doing that.

My ideal area for a wood shed would be in the tree line because that is the majority of our unused property.

I was kinda thinking a 3 sided modular shed with a decent pitched roof.
Modular as in the aspect that the walls have hooks or fasteners to keep them in place that can easily be removed and relocated.

Maybe 5 gallon buckets with fence posts in concrete and removable walls and ceiling?
Maybe unistrut and canvas?

Thoughts?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 05:52 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
If you have a shop, hang a "carport" (roof and supports) off one side. Most of your structure is already paid for and nice and solid that way. That's what I had at my last place, and (if this stock market ever bounces back) will have here.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:58 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times
Thanks for that.
Really wish that would work but it won’t here anyway.

I saw some simple plans that more or less looked like a large city bus stop.
Might temporarily do that.

We will build a new building with a large covered out door patio in a couple years.
That will be the permanent plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living