Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
A base ball bat is discipline???
I am not trying to discipline anything, It is called self defense, If I am walking on a public road or any other public place I will not be harassed by some dog running loose. A dog that may or may not attack, I am going too whack it before it's too late. I know you can not apply common sense too the law. But I rather deal with the law than having my body ripped open. Dogs have killed and maimed to many people too take any chances. And if the irresponsible dog owner wants too start something I will deal with that to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
I am not trying to discipline anything, It is called self defense, If I am walking on a public road or any other public place I will not be harassed by some dog running loose. A dog that may or may not attack, I am going too whack it before it's too late. I know you can not apply common sense too the law. But I rather deal with the law than having my body ripped open. Dogs have killed and maimed to many people too take any chances. And if the irresponsible dog owner wants too start something I will deal with that to.
You know what? If you really believe this and aren't just spouting on an internet forum, you're a danger to the public welfare far exceeding barking dogs (which is, after all, what this topic was first about). I just hope that you ARE only spouting on an internet forum lest some innocent person be hurt for crossing your path in the wrong way.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
You know what? If you really believe this and aren't just spouting on an internet forum, you're a danger to the public welfare far exceeding barking dogs (which is, after all, what this topic was first about). I just hope that you ARE only spouting on an internet forum lest some innocent person be hurt for crossing your path in the wrong way.
Just let your dog come after me in a public place and you will see how much spouting is going on here.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Define "come after". That's likely to be critical in your legal defense if you use a baseball bat on a dog and then on the owner who tries to defend their animal. Hint: barking won't get you off.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:56 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Just let your dog come after me in a public place and you will see how much spouting is going on here.
That will never be a problem with my dogs, they are VERY picky about whom they associate with.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 AM

I will never ever be a victim of a dog ever again, Keep your nasty beasts in your yard or chained up. Its for my safety the dogs safety and your safety. If you even care about your dog why would you let it run lose anyway.
We all have the right too self defense when under attack form man, Women or beast.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:33 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
I will never ever be a victim of a dog ever again, Keep your nasty beasts in your yard or chained up. Its for my safety the dogs safety and your safety. If you even care about your dog why would you let it run lose anyway.
We all have the right too self defense when under attack form man, Women or beast.
My dogs have the run of their 100 acre yard. You will be easy to recognize since you must always carry a baseball bat.

Last edited by Driller1; 04-24-2009 at 08:09 AM..

Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Likewise, my dogs have the run of their 55 acre yard. Sometimes the neighbor's dogs come visiting and get a scritch. When we lived in town, our one dog had the run of our fenced-in yard.

However, the assumption is made that the dog is running loose because the owner lets it. Dogs do get out (make a jail break). Our in town dog did escape once, going OVER the fence (no way to dig under because it was solid rock under there). That was before we ran the hotwire along the top of the fence. However, baesd on the attitude that you've expressed, if you'd seen a giant Great Pyrenees coming at you wagging its tail, I have no doubt that you would have made the assumption that it was about to attack (rather than the correct assumption that it was coming to allow you to pet it) and gone after it with your baseball bat. As I said, someone with an attitude like that, especially as expressed toward the dog owner, and the kinds of assumptions that you're making just on here, is more of a danger to society as a whole than any dog could ever be.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
It's against the law in Oklahoma to chain-up your dog. But there is a leash law.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:09 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
This morning my dog woke me up because he was hearing other dogs barking out back. I just said "No" and he shut-up and waited until I got up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living