Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 AM

773 posts, read 2,631,932 times

Advertisements

A lot of city folk listen to Garrison Keillor on NPR on Saturday nights, and they decide they would like to find their own real-life Lake Wobegon. They forget it's just a make-believe radio show. People in small towns can be petty, crime is everywhere, and country life can be boring. I don't want to step on anyone's dreams. I just think you can bring peace, contentment and joy into your life regardless of where you live. It's really up to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 01:42 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Do you want scenery, remoteness, internet connection...?

Bill, WY is remote, but I prefer Burgess Jct (population probably under 20 in each spot). If you want something a little bigger I like Encampment, WY. If money is no object, Moran Jct. Big enough for a college... Powell or Sherdian, WY.

There are some swell little towns in SD & ND, as well as MN. I will 'Second' Shepardstown, WV

Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogels View Post
I know its not on the list, but there is a very cute town in Ohio. Actually 2. Bellville is one, its right on the river and very cute. Great schools too. They have a parade through main street for like every month. Ever see Gilmore Girls? If so, Bellville is a real Stars Hollow. About 45 mins south of there is Mt Vernon. Also very nice small town with a town square and everything. We would live there but my husband is a carpenter and work there in that occupation is very bad.
Here are some pictures taken in the Belle Valley area of Noble County, this is where I live...
Attached Thumbnails
looking for a small town-pauls-summer-pictures-ii-011.jpg   looking for a small town-pauls-summer-pictures-ii-005.jpg   looking for a small town-fall-picks-006.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Rural and Small Town Living