Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 19,642 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm at my laptop now getting ready to pull the trigger on TV/Internet and I just moved to the area....

What is the best provider...

Comcast
Surewest
Verizon FIOS (don't think we are actually covered on San Francisco Blvd) but just want to see what people think anyway

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 02:18 PM

16 posts, read 119,854 times
From what I have read and seen at Consumer Reports, Verizon FIOS and AT&T Uverse get better ratings than Comcast. We have Comcast for internet right now, but are seriously considering switching to SureWest now that they have upgraded lines and offer service in our area of Citrus Heights. I am not much of a fan of Comcast and am looking for better price and better more reliable service (often slow/sluggish service and outages).

Curious if anyone reading this has SureWest and would be so kind to share their opinion and experience?

Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM

9 posts, read 19,642 times
Yes I'm curious about Surewest...I have heard complaints of term agreements but nothing else. One complaint I have is that they don't offer a bundle for just Internet and TV.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 PM

133 posts, read 584,637 times
Verizon FIOS gets great reviews, but unfortunately, not available in Northern California at all. AT&T's UVerse uses slightly inferior technology compared to FIOS, but also seems to be highly rated. I need to make a decision myself next month when we move up to Rocklin! Our subdivision has AT&T cabling direct to the box on each home, so the UVerse decision may already be made for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeelman View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm at my laptop now getting ready to pull the trigger on TV/Internet and I just moved to the area....

What is the best provider...

Comcast
Surewest
Verizon FIOS (don't think we are actually covered on San Francisco Blvd) but just want to see what people think anyway

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,981 times
We had Surewest Internet for the past 7 years. Their Internet service you cannot compare to any other carrier... They are truly really fast when it comes to Internet speed (we tried comcast for a month and switched back). But... They are mire on a pricey side. We pay for Internet alone $75 per month but it's totally worth it. They have 12 month promotions too for new customers on their website.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
AT&T Uverse. I pay $45 for internet alone. No bundle, no TV, no landline. It works fine for me.

I was under the impression that SureWest only provides service in the northern Sacto region, including Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln. The aren't available in Folsom. Weren't they recently bought out by another company? and moved operations to Kansas City?

Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
I pay $39 a month for high-speed from AT&T, and have no problems. They did notify me, though, that at some point they will switch everyone to Uverse at a higher rate whether we want to or not.

Comcast has very poor service, and even worse customer service. I would never go back to them.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM

3,720 posts, read 10,000,687 times
I think it's location dependent. On our block, the people that switched to AT&T UVerse didn't stay more than a few months. They come, tear up your yard for about a month for installation, then can't quite get the internet working properly. Everyone is back to Comcast and happy about the service (not necessarily the price). Every year they increase the rates 15% or more, we threaten to switch, and they drop it back down.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 AM

261 posts, read 497,379 times
anyone here have clear wireless? do they offer that service here in Sac?

Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Clear was really limited when they first came to town a couple of years ago. I haven't looked at them since, but let us know what you find out. I'm getting really tired of AT&T Uverse s-l-o-w-n-e-s-s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento