Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,020,125 times

Advertisements

East Sac by far if you are talking about the city proper. It's the established older money(not east coast old money, more like 3 generations or so) white part of town.

Granite Bay by far if we are talking the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 09:21 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,056,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
Jesus with these responses. Yes, you can qualify some parts of Sac as "nice". Everyone knows there is no absolute truth to that statement.

IMO, Land Park, Curtis Park, and upper East Sac (fabulous 40's) are great areas. They are all close to restaurants, have nice tree lined streets, beautiful homes and a great community vibe with a lot of character. If I could afford a house in any of those areas, I'd buy.
I wasn't familiar with this neighborhood and name (fab 40s) until you mentioned it. Google had pictures of the homes, etc. Looks like where I'd live if I were rich

Old 03-20-2016, 03:52 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,821,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
If you can afford Folsom, move there, hands down.
After a bit of exploring Folsom, using Google St View, I can see why you like Folsom

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6764...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Old 03-21-2016, 04:29 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,858,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
After a bit of exploring Folsom, using Google St View, I can see why you like Folsom

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6764...8i6656!6m1!1e1
The historic district in Folsom is pretty small, and only 1 street that looks like that (Sutter St). The rest is suburbia. But it is nice.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:55 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,821,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
The historic district in Folsom is pretty small, and only 1 street that looks like that (Sutter St). The rest is suburbia. But it is nice.

Oh, thanks for the info. I don't really care for suburbia. Prefer a area that feels more urban or a smaller city/town that is not a suburb

Old 04-27-2016, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 1,990 times
Live in Folsom! Excellent schools, low crime, high property values. What's not to like?

Old 04-27-2016, 01:52 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,858,618 times
I live in Folsom.
If one doesnt like surburbia then they wont like living here.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:09 PM

572 posts, read 600,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaJane999 View Post
Live in Folsom! Excellent schools, low crime, high property values. What's not to like?
A crappy commute in and out of Sacramento, an increasing population with busy surface streets, an overwhelming amount of big chain restaurants and stores, have to drive to most places, little racial diversity, less respite from hot summer temperatures, worse air pollution.

I actually like Folsom a lot. But there are still plenty of things not to like.

If I could live anywhere in Sacramento it would be East Sacramento. Davis also if you are considering that to be an option.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:05 PM

102 posts, read 190,316 times
Oh no...Intel. I was a green badge for a long time. I really hated that place. Stress from hell but I supposed permanent hires get treated better.

Folsom really never appealed to me. But I've never been to Portland so I don't know how to compare. I lived in Roseville, on the edge of Granite Bay and took side streets to work. That was a long time ago, I would imagine traffic is pretty bad now. Folsom is probably better than living in Sac unless you can afford the super nice areas of it. Don't even bother looking at Rancho Cordova. Orangevale is nice. Being near the river means the American River Parkway trail...I used to skate it on my lunch breaks!

Old 05-02-2016, 12:03 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,152,446 times
Live where you work unless its much less than ideal. Traffic is by no means as aggravating as it is in other parts of the State such as SF/Bay Area and LA but as walkable and anti cookie cutter some of Sacramento's neighborhoods are I don't think its worth dealing with traffic five days week. Folsom is suburbia but it's as nice as suburbia gets around here. I live in Rancho Cordova which has changed for the better since incorporation and the neighborhoods south of 50 are actually nice (but honestly for single people I wouldn't live here) Don't understand the appeal of Orangevale as much of what I've seen looks run down (although there are some nice neighborhoods). Same with Fair Oaks along Hazel Avenue and thereabouts. Just use Google to get a street view of Hazel Avenue, Madison, Greenback, Main St, Walnut etc. Personally with some exceptions unincorporated areas of Sacramento County along Highway 50 aren't that appealing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento