Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 AM

1 posts, read 836 times

Advertisements

I would take SF... why not?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,285,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe2010 View Post
WOW !!!
O.K. let's not get personnal here. I was just asking for opinions and I've decided to take the job in San Fran. Just so you all know, I don't have any degrees, nor am I an Engineer or in Sales or an Accountant. Let's just say I've been doing my line of work for 22 years and I'm finally taking the next step into management...your probably asking Why?
Well getting paid Salary is one thing and because the SACRAMENTO JOB MARKET SUCKS and I have no management opportunities here plus I don't want to be stuck STRUGGLING and I do mean STRUGGLING to make an hourly wage especially when there are times when I won't have work then be told to stay home.

Thanks to Everyone and Can We All Get Along Now ???

Discussions tend to derail here faster than a kid's train set on a shag rug. In times like these, often you have to take what you can get, just be aware of the costs of taking a job in SF. I'd advise looking into public transit, whether it is practical to get there via the Amtrak "Capitol Corridor" and BART or other methods--it won't save a ton of money over driving, but at least you'll be able to use the time on the train to relax and read and eat instead of having to focus on taillights four hours a day. And if you have a laptop with cellular Internet, you can spend some time job-hunting for a place closer to home on that long commute.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,257 times
Congrats on the new job! I think that being able to go into a management role is a great career step and will qualify you for a whole new set of opportunities in the future. Good luck!

Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM

402 posts, read 1,021,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Never claimed I was anywhere near wealthy, was just saying that a $90k salary isn't all that rare at all and lots of people in the region make that and more. Even in this economy.

The funny thing is you're trying to make it seem as if $90k isn't a big deal and I actually agree with you which just goes to my point. Even with my salary I feel very middle class at best. I see people everyday so are much more wealthy than me.
It was my fault. I was a bit presumptuous . . . .my apologies.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
I would take the job in SF, it will pay better and it looks better on your resume. When I worked in Silicon Valley we had at least 5-10 people who would commute from Sacramento.

Some took the train to Emeryville then met with friends who would drive them in. You'll get used to the commute.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 764 times
The people people buying houses in strugglemento at 500k-up work in the bay area!!! Go to a honest elite realtor in sac for that confirmation!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento