Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
Pig in a dress. It doesn't matter how nice your neighborhood is in Stockton, you will have to leave it eventually, or maybe the surroundings will come to you. Crime rate in Stockton isn't too far from Oakland! As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no reason to buy a house in a nice neighborhood in Stockton, when you can have a lesser home in a nice area. Ultimately, I think it's housing greed that drives people to buy in nice areas in Stockton, 'oh look what 250k buys me here', don't forget that life exists outside the home!
Amazing. Then why does Alex Spanos have his main residence right in the middle of Stockton. What does the owner of 97% of the San Diego Chargers and one of the wealthest men in America know that you don't.

Alex Spanos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a minute you mean you can see Spanos dining at a local greek restaurant like Papapavlos with his family seated right next to yours?
Wow Stockton is crime ridden for one of the wealthest men in America to allow his family to eat at a middle class public restaurant whose average price for a meal is $30 per person including drinks and taxes.

Papapavlo's Site Bistro & Bar | Home Page

Oh I forgot Spanos' grandkids attended public Lincoln High School. The one I graduated from with several other doctors, lawyers, businessmens children. HHHMMMMMM what did they know that you dont.

Alex Spanos

Hey whats this? a picture of Spanos house in the middle of Stockton? WTF right down the street from a public Lincoln High School where everybody and all the criminals in Stockton know he lives.

38.014127, -121.330787 to W Lincoln Rd, Stockton, CA 95207 - Google Maps

Wow Stockton must be a bad place. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk9785e View Post
Even the poorest of the poor don't want to live off others and in slum like environment. .
Drive down Kentfield Rd and tell me that is how you still feel. People thrive in those types of enviorments.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
Drive down Kentfield Rd and tell me that is how you still feel. People thrive in those types of enviorments.
Hey don't you be diss'in the homies out in Kentfield.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:51 PM

24 posts, read 49,216 times
Do they want to or have to live like that?

Old 01-03-2011, 06:56 PM

467 posts, read 777,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Amazing. Then why does Alex Spanos have his main residence right in the middle of Stockton. What does the owner of 97% of the San Diego Chargers and one of the wealthest men in America know that you don't.

Wow Stockton must be a bad place. LOL
You do realize that you're laughing at me when you're essentially using one example as an absurd attempt to prove that Stockton isn't an armpit, ridiculous. Have you ever been there? If you had gobs of cash, you'd pick Stockton over San Diego?? Have you ever been to San Diego?? That guy probably has business/family needs that keep him in Stockton, but if you want to believe that it's the awesome weather, safety, and fun things nearby, go right ahead.

And rmk, unless you plan to fix your community Charles Bronson style, you're going to need to find about 100k supporters, and you'll also need to find a way to live to be 200 years old if you want to see change in your lifetime.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
You do realize that you're laughing at me when you're essentially using one example as an absurd attempt to prove that Stockton isn't an armpit, ridiculous. Have you ever been there? If you had gobs of cash, you'd pick Stockton over San Diego?? Have you ever been to San Diego?? That guy probably has business/family needs that keep him in Stockton, but if you want to believe that it's the awesome weather, safety, and fun things nearby, go right ahead.

And rmk, unless you plan to fix your community Charles Bronson style, you're going to need to find about 100k supporters, and you'll also need to find a way to live to be 200 years old if you want to see change in your lifetime.
Ok I am one of the wealthiest men in America. HHHMMMM with computers and the Internet I can run my business from anywhere in the world. Yeah such an absurd example. Keep your moronic statements to yourself. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:20 PM

467 posts, read 777,815 times
I was thinking of you recently...

America's Most Miserable Cities - Forbes.com

Old 11-20-2011, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,183 times
Thumbs up East Morada vs Stockton anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk9785e View Post
I'm moving to Stockton and looking to buy a house. People are recommending Morada area but it seems kind of mixed up, million dollar homes next to cottages.

Is it a relatively safe area?
Whether mansions or dingers, you have good quality people. 99% of the calls out to East Morada are for disrupting the peace - late night partying. Lots of young families. Excellent charter schools!

Stay away from Morada West (west side of hwy 99). Destined to be getto in next 5 years! Most homes were foreclosed - lots of neighborhoods with several families living in one house.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:53 PM

We ended up buying in Brookside. It is a nicer part of town and we're fortunate to have good neighbors. After working for 2-1/2 years, I and my wife are now living a retired life because we can afford to do so living in the Valley. We couldn't if we lived in the Bay Area. We still get to see our children every so often. Our home has appreciated by about 25% since we bought it in June 2011.
Bankruptcy has been good for Stockton. It has eliminated obnoxious benefits that unions had negotiated for city employees and is gradually returning to better fiscal management.
Healthcare service choices are poor in Stockton unless one is covered by a plan with Kaiser. I'll leave it at that.
Now that we are more familiar with the area, we would have been better off buying in East Morada. Brookside is like paying to voluntarily live in an open prison . HOA regulation control the trees one can plant, the color of the home (even curtains that are visible from outside), etc etc.
I know we can't change the world drastically but that hasn't stopped many of us from doing our little bit. I am satisfied with my contributions to my workplaces and my communities.
Thank you all for your thoughtful ideas and sharing your perspectives.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I was thinking of you recently...

America's Most Miserable Cities - Forbes.com
Thank you for thinking of people who live in Stockton and my apologies for a response about 4 years late. We all have a choice to be miserable in any locale. Some of us choose not to feel miserable, no matter what Forbes says. As a percentage of population, there are more homeless people in San Francisco than there are in Stockton. But on the other hand the SF homeless population may not feel so miserable after all for living in a naturally air conditioned city.
Age has taught me that it's all a matter of perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento