Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,917 times

Advertisements

My wife has a job offer in Lincoln and were considering taking it and relocating to the Roseville area. I haven't seen to much talk about Lincoln though. Is there any reason to not look towards Lincoln as opposed to Roseville or Rocklin?

We're looking to rent something for 6 months or so and possibly buy after that if we like it there. Looking for something in the 800-1200 a month range.

We have an 18 month old so i am worried about the quality of living in the different areas. I dont want to have to worry about crime or taking her to parks to play.

We have a friend that just relocated to Roseville and she likes it just fine.

Advice, word of wisdom??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 12:16 AM

Really interested in more info on Lincoln in particular..

Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 AM

505 posts, read 1,664,704 times
I relocated to Lincoln from the Bay Area and absolutely love it! You'll find that home prices are a little better in Lincoln as opposed to Roseville or Rocklin. The three cities are so close together it's hard to tell where the boundaries are. We live in the Twelve Bridges area and the Galleria Mall is about 10 minutes (2-3 exits down). Lincoln has a much more small town feel compared to Rocklin or Roseville and the people are very friendly. The schools are good and there are little to no crime here. It's great to raise a family here.

Regardless of what you decide though, all three cities are very comparable to one another and it largely depends on your budget for the home. I've moved here for over two years and have never looked back once.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:25 AM

I have seen that the home prices are much more affordable in lincoln as you mentioned. Whats the story behind this Mello Roos tax im hearing about? Maybe Lincoln would be small town enough to make me happy while still close enough to the stuff that's needed. Relocating from hawaii so anything will be a change from the last 3 years. Just hoping for a nice place to settle and raise my daughter.

I think one concern is that their doesnt look to be alot to rent in Lincoln.

Last edited by sails.away; 03-20-2011 at 05:44 AM..

Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
Mella Roos taxes are bonds issued for new developments to help develop schools, roads, and other facilities in the new development. Most newer construction homes have these taxes throughout California, not just Lincoln. Each house/area could have a different amount of Mella Roos, it's important to check the amount before buying a house. I've seen these taxes range from $50 to $250/month. Your realtor can help you get this information but the best source is the Tax Assessors office.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I've seen these taxes range from $50 to $250/month.
yikes. that could be annoying. I will have to do some more research. thanks for the info.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,342,308 times
The HOA can get up there too. Both are nice, but I decided on Roseville since at the time the monthly payments were about the same when you factered in Mello-Roos and HOA fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento