Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 10:07 AM

13 posts, read 38,345 times

Advertisements

Hello, me and my girlfriend, 23 and 24 are thinking of moving out that way.
Would like a house with a fenced backyard for the dogs. Looking to spend around 1200 a month and want to be in a safe neighborhood. Is this possible?
If so, where? Also how far away would mountain biking and white water be?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 PM

248 posts, read 803,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoboundboy View Post
Hello, me and my girlfriend, 23 and 24 are thinking of moving out that way.
Would like a house with a fenced backyard for the dogs. Looking to spend around 1200 a month and want to be in a safe neighborhood. Is this possible?
If so, where? Also how far away would mountain biking and white water be?
Thanks!
Can't comment on the $1200 house criteria, but here's some info on the whitewater & MTB trails-

The North Fork of the American River

Sacramento Foothills Mountain Biking - Mountain Bike Trails

Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM

13 posts, read 38,345 times
Thanks so much. Do you ride the foot hills?

Old 01-24-2011, 05:21 PM

248 posts, read 803,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoboundboy View Post
Thanks so much. Do you ride the foot hills?
No, not yet...I'm more of a flatlander for the time being.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 PM

26 posts, read 55,762 times
I found a great place for 1300, 3/2 in the center of the pocket/greenhaven. There is weirdness across I5, but my neighborhood is really nice and off the busy streets. Look hard for deals. While I was looking, I got the feeling that alot of landlords were looking for someone to take over their inflated mortgage payments. If you are feeling the foothills, I suggest you look at Granite Bay or Orangevale just west of Folsom. I saw some good stuff there, but I work south of downtown and the pocket made more sense. Granite Bay has mucho dinero and million dollar mansions right next to affordable housing. To me, it had a bit of a Colorado foothill feel.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 AM

86 posts, read 266,576 times
As flat as it is, Sacramento is actually not a horrible place to live if you're a boater. The American, Yuba, Truckee, Moke, Stanislaus, etc. are within an hour or two. The American has rec flows all summer, so even when everything else is running dry, you can run laps on it.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,152 times
Default Sacramento is a Fantastic place to live

My boyfriend and I just moved here from Los Angeles last October. We currently live in Granite Bay/ Roseville area. There is alot of great mountain biking up here!! As for white water...its probably not anything like Colorado, but check the American River to see if they offer anything.
There is also Folsom lake to use during the summer when it gets hotttt.
If you snow board at all there are plenty of mountains around...Squaw Valley, Heavenly Resort, North Star, etc. Heavenly is our favorite
For us we have found a perfect spot. We originally were trying to move to Colorado before moving here, but my boyfriend was offered a great opportunity in Loomis (about 10 min drive from here). We had visited Colorado several times and loved it, but Sacramento is was perfect for us.
If your girlfriend likes to shop...I do ....then there is the Galleria mall with in minutes which has any store you want, basically. Coming from LA where you can buy anything that was awesome. Lots of great restaurants!
Living here we are 2 hours from San Francisco and 2 hours from Tahoe...our 2 favorite places to visit.
The Sacramento community is also very road bike friendly...lots of bike lanes on the roads and many bikers out using them!!
As far as housing goes we live in an older part of Granite Bay and Pay 1500/ month for our place...3/2 house, 2 car garage, and fenced in back yard. We located it on Craigslist and had the land lord send us more pictures and a You Tube video of the place before renting. We also used Google Earth to zoom in on the neighborhood to see what it looked like.
Hope this helps in your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento