Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 09:29 AM

12 posts, read 19,064 times

Advertisements

I am new to the Citrus heights area and I do not have health insurance. I do however need to see a doctor very soon. Does anyone know of an inexpensive doctor office or urgent care center? I tried Wellspace/Effort and they are not seeing patients until September!

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times
Short term, you might try one of these places. FREE CLINIC in Sacramento Health Care|5 Walk in Clinic Today though they're all in Sacramento.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Any of the medi-cal clinics will see you on a sliding scale.

For the most part, all Medi-Cal Managed Care health plans are contracted with all available providers. The health plans include Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, Molina and Western Health Advantage.

Also, the hospital affiliated medical groups see patients on a sliding scale...UC Davis Medical Group, Sutter (less so), Kaiser, Mercy/Dignity Health. You don't have to go to the free clinic, unless you want to.

This is the provider list for Anthem Blue Cross (see pg 21 for the primary care provider list): http://www.anthem.com/ca/member/f3/s...desac&name=ssb

You can also find a provider list off the River City Medical Group website. This is a local IPA (independent physician association) - good people! You can also see how their providers rate, if you are curious. River City Medical Group

The other clinic that I recommend is The Effort, now called WellSpace Health, WellSpace Health | Health clinic, mental health, drug and alcohol rehab --

bummer, I just saw your note that they have no openings under Sept! That's actually a violation of the timely access rule under the Department of Healthcare services. http://www.dmhc.ca.gov/healthplans/g...timelyacc.aspx
Even though the regs specifically refer to health plans, you could always call the DHS if you can't get an appointment elsewhere.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 AM

12 posts, read 19,064 times
Thank you so much for the great info!

I had to get to a dr yesterday so I ended up paying $110 for a 10 min dr visit. but at least im on my way to getting better

next time i will definitely look to using one of those free clinics listed.

thanks again!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:43 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas2sacramento View Post
Thank you so much for the great info!

I had to get to a dr yesterday so I ended up paying $110 for a 10 min dr visit. but at least im on my way to getting better

next time i will definitely look to using one of those free clinics listed.

thanks again!
Have you already paid? Were you able to negotiate? Sometimes offices will quote you the "full price" that essentially no one, least of all insurance companies, actually pay. They may be able to quote you a reduced rate "cash price", especially if you claim that the $110 will be a hardship.

Have you considered getting insurance? With no pre-existing conditions, it's pretty affordable. Obamacare will shake a lot of things up, but should be an improvement if you're semi-poor or have a pre-existing condition. Good luck.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Counties usually have low cost/free health coverage. Here's the link for Sacramento County:

PRI-Home

Old 05-04-2015, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,685 times
There is a cheap office dr in Fairfield (I know is 45 min away )but is $60 per visit. 1242 Travis Blvd suite D
707 426-4414
monday 2-4
Tues 9-11:30
wed 2-4
Thurs 2-4
Fri 9-11:30
sat 1-2:30

Old 05-04-2015, 11:59 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaz View Post
There is a cheap office dr in Fairfield (I know is 45 min away )but is $60 per visit. 1242 Travis Blvd suite D
707 426-4414
Thanks for replying to a 2 year old post.

Good info though. The "doctor" barely speaks english.
What's the doctor/clinic name?

Old 08-10-2018, 12:23 AM

5 posts, read 2,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas2sacramento View Post
I am new to the Citrus heights area and I do not have health insurance. I do however need to see a doctor very soon. Does anyone know of an inexpensive doctor office or urgent care center? I tried Wellspace/Effort and they are not seeing patients until September!

thanks
There is a good Urgent care clinic called Caduceus Medical Group I once visited for my persistent fever. The visit proved to be a big help and I did feel better sooner than I expected. They have clinics in Irvine, Yorba Linda, Tustin and Laguna Beach. You could visit one of these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento