Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM

771 posts, read 1,582,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajebriza View Post
So when do we float down the Sac river?? I'll bring the floating beverage chest!
Better do it now, there may be no water in it by July
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 10:05 PM

6,907 posts, read 8,279,210 times
April 25
A full day of glorious rain and very cool, 57 degrees high, An all day soaker, and lovely, as the trees have all their leaves and everything is so green! Excellent Air quality!

Because of the snow in Tahoe, i had to drive straight from work up to the cabin with skis in tow, just in case, I have no idea if any resorts are still open

Last edited by Chimérique; 04-25-2014 at 10:15 PM..

Old 05-03-2014, 06:28 PM

Another gorgeous Sacramento week of temp's in the 70's excellent air quality, strong cool breezes FULL SUN, no stormy deadly tornados like the midwest and south.

Granted, the heat index rose into the high 80's for few days past, but the evenings and nights were very comfortable, down to 50-52 degrees in the morning, fair sunny skies. Every night had an onshore cloudless & fogless flow, better than the foggy coast.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:26 PM

48 posts, read 96,174 times
Ok, now you are just rubbing salt in the wound!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:51 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
Pass me whatever Chimerique's having.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:37 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,982 times
Oh ya, right on cue heard almost all of my coworkers complaining about the heat a couple days ago . .already . . .and it was only 96. I honestly think some of you are either bs'ing or flat out trying to comvince yourselves that we have better weather than other areas of the country. Uncomfortable is uncomfortable, period. Even if there was a way to measure our level of discomfort v somewhere else, it sure as hell isn't a big enough difference to boast about.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
Oh ya, right on cue heard almost all of my coworkers complaining about the heat a couple days ago . .already . . .and it was only 96. I honestly think some of you are either bs'ing or flat out trying to comvince yourselves that we have better weather than other areas of the country. Uncomfortable is uncomfortable, period. Even if there was a way to measure our level of discomfort v somewhere else, it sure as hell isn't a big enough difference to boast about.
I was wondering when you were going to complain, first of all, the heat index never got above 90. Those few days, I simply popped on the whole-house-fan, and in 5 mins the house was cool and comfortable. Turned it off, opened a window, and let the cool of the night send me into happy sleep land.

Second, everyday it was down to the low 50's in the morning, fresh and cool as you ride your bike to work.

So while Sacramento warmed up to the upper 80's, the midwest & south had several deaths due to tornados. , and Phoenix has had over 2 weeks in the 90's and 100 degrees several times already.

Gosh, we have so much to complain about, oh my, it got a little warm for 3 seconds.

I bet co-workers across the midwest and south complained alot more considering they might lose their house, or had their birthday picnic ruined by thunderstorms and lighting, heavy rain and wind for a week straight.

Already we've had several days in the 70's with excellent air quality, cool breezes, full sun, so that little bit of upper of 80's(heat index) has all but disappeared from my memory.

Last edited by Chimérique; 05-05-2014 at 01:35 AM..

Old 05-05-2014, 11:33 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I was wondering when you were going to complain, first of all, the heat index never got above 90. Those few days, I simply popped on the whole-house-fan, and in 5 mins the house was cool and comfortable. Turned it off, opened a window, and let the cool of the night send me into happy sleep land.

Second, everyday it was down to the low 50's in the morning, fresh and cool as you ride your bike to work.

So while Sacramento warmed up to the upper 80's, the midwest & south had several deaths due to tornados. , and Phoenix has had over 2 weeks in the 90's and 100 degrees several times already.

Gosh, we have so much to complain about, oh my, it got a little warm for 3 seconds.

I bet co-workers across the midwest and south complained alot more considering they might lose their house, or had their birthday picnic ruined by thunderstorms and lighting, heavy rain and wind for a week straight.

Already we've had several days in the 70's with excellent air quality, cool breezes, full sun, so that little bit of upper of 80's(heat index) has all but disappeared from my memory.
Lol hey if you love it great! I an not complaining. I love Sac too, weather and all. And like I keep posting, I actually tolerate the heat. I don't necessarily love it, but I tolerate it and even look forward to it at times. It's everyone around me that was complaining - and I am not making that up. The premise of this thread is not whether this feels good to you personally, but rather do other people feel that way.*I am not hearing a whole lot of weather based gratitude from the general populace though when I am out and about. Which is what I have been saying the entire time.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
Lol hey if you love it great! I an not complaining. I love Sac too, weather and all. And like I keep posting, I actually tolerate the heat. I don't necessarily love it, but I tolerate it and even look forward to it at times. It's everyone around me that was complaining - and I am not making that up. The premise of this thread is not whether this feels good to you personally, but rather do other people feel that way.*I am not hearing a whole lot of weather based gratitude from the general populace though when I am out and about. Which is what I have been saying the entire time.
Ok, good. By this post, it sounds like you are coming around, but that's not what you have been saying before - you had major complaints (and probably still do).

The premise of this thread is exactly that: a comparison with the rest of the nation, not just the "perfect" weather of coastal California or the pristine weather of the Sierra Nevada in the summer; that's what Sacramento is constantly compared to.

Having coastal and mountain weather nearby is just a bonus, so if Sac experiences an extended-stay heat wave this summer we actually have options nearby for relief, unlike Florida or Texas or Phoenix in the Summer. You literally would not be able to reasonable escape their heat unless you got in a plane and flew 400 miles somewhere.

People will complain no matter what, but if you actually thought about it, looked at the facts, focused on how often the weather is really nice in Sacramento, like Today, and compared Sacramento to other places around the nation , not just San Diego or some other perfect weather place, you just might not complain as much.....and realize......

We downplay and under-estimate how GREAT Sacramento weather really is!

Old 05-10-2014, 07:45 PM

So, it's been another 7 days of glorious excellent air quality, cool breezes, full sun, highs 68-78, lows in the 50's.

April, May and June are the best months to visit Sacramento, very little chance of very warm weather.

When the California coast has May Gray and June Gloom, Sacramento is glorious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento