Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 01:47 AM

3 posts, read 4,531 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Long Beach and moved to Sacramento this year. Now that it will start to get warm, I was looking for areas around North Sacramento where I could go for tan. When I was back in Long Beach, every weekend I used to hit the beach but that's not the case here. So, any nice friendly areas around here?
I see few community parks around like Howe, Babcock and so forth. Don't know how those parks are.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
There are beaches along the American River Parkway and at Folsom Lake. You could even go up to Lake Tahoe..although, I believe there are plenty of other "beaches" nearby.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 PM

I was looking for something nearby like within 5-10 miles radius. Thanks for your reply.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
There are surely public pools as well, or you could check out some of the reservoirs. Does Folsom Lake have any sandy beaches? (I realize there's not even much water there right now). But yeah, you'll have a good 9-10 months of the year to enjoy the outdoors.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:55 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica.gibbons View Post
I was looking for something nearby like within 5-10 miles radius. Thanks for your reply.
A 5-10 mile radius from where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
There are surely public pools as well, or you could check out some of the reservoirs. Does Folsom Lake have any sandy beaches? (I realize there's not even much water there right now). But yeah, you'll have a good 9-10 months of the year to enjoy the outdoors.
Yes, Folsom Lake has dirt beaches. I wouldn't consider it to be sandy like the beach.
There are many spots along the American River with small sandy beaches. You just need to get out of your car near the roads that cross the river, and look for the "beach" signs. Or you could walk along the river to find a more secluded location.

Check:
Paradise Beach
Beals Point at Folsom Lake
Areas along Negro Bar or Natomas Lake
Near Hazel or Sunrise
Ancil Hoffman Park
William Pond Park
River bend park
Granite Beach at Folsom Lake, off Douglas
Discovery Park
Sutter's Landing

Old 02-28-2014, 10:22 PM

Im sorry.
I meant 5-10 miles radius from Sacramento downtown.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:06 AM

39 posts, read 76,137 times
Default parks

You will find a lot of people suntanning in these parks when it gets hotter. Southside park 6th & T, Land Park, Discovery Park, McKinley Park. McKinley Park is very popular. Take a banket and a cooler and enjoy yourself. I am sure that you will meet some new and nice people too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento