Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 08:16 PM

762 posts, read 2,031,272 times

Advertisements

Granite bay is very uppity. Expect your kids to feel "less than" because of the culture/demographics. El dorado hills and granite bay are havens for the richy rich, which is ironically WHY people are attracted to it- good zipcode so they think that the neighbors will be "better"- just know that if you don't LOVE money and hopefully have some then you don't fit in. Unless youre hilarious and handsome or a phenom at some trendy sport- then you get a pass. (This is coming from the point of view that a child may experience in this environment, its not to say that it wouldnt be a nice place to own a modest >half-a-million dollar home as a mature adult). ~on a fiscal side note... Better investment than roseville- but then again a home in auburn has great potential as lucrative investment. Auburn has super rich, too, but has a lower median income.

Last edited by hydro; 07-10-2014 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 08:41 PM

94 posts, read 119,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
Granite bay is very uppity. Expect your kids to feel "less than" because of the culture/demographics. El dorado hills and granite bay are havens for the richy rich, which is ironically WHY people are attracted to it- good zipcode so they think that the neighbors will be "better"- just know that if you don't LOVE money and hopefully have some then you don't fit in. Unless youre hilarious and handsome or a phenom at some trendy sport- then you get a pass. (This is coming from the point of view that a child may experience in this environment, its not to say that it wouldnt be a nice place to own a modest >half-a-million dollar home as a mature adult). ~on a fiscal side note... Better investment than roseville- but then again a home in auburn has great potential as lucrative investment. Auburn has super rich, too, but has a lower median income.
I don't know what you consider uppity. I grew up in a middle class family in Orange County. My approx salary will be 100-110. EDH is way to out of the way for me. I really want to know more about auburn.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:37 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
El dorado hills and granite bay are havens for the richy rich, which is ironically WHY people are attracted to it- good zipcode so they think that the neighbors will be "better"- just know that if you don't LOVE money and hopefully have some then you don't fit in. Auburn has super rich, too, but has a lower median income.
I'm not richy rich....hardly, just bought at the right time. I like EDH and live in Folsom. Most of my friends who live in EDH aren't rich either, but they like the community, which is historically more conservative and have larger homes/lots with more amenities for child raising.

When I first moved to Folsom, I was warned about the "Folsom royalty." Basically, those who think & act like they are rich & entitled....I think the same people you are talking about. But, I see them everywhere around Sacramento, and a lot in Roseville.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:30 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
When I first moved to Folsom, I was warned about the "Folsom royalty."
Oh, I thought you were talking about 3rd generation correctional officers at the prison.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:30 PM

Most of those prison guards are making 100k+ LOL.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 PM

528 posts, read 867,296 times
Granite Bay to me doesn't have much reason to be snobby really. Its not like they are on the ocean or have more beautiful people than L.A area or Beverly Hills. They seem like wannabes to me. Although I feel snobbery is everywhere around the area but surprisingly have seen it less so in GB. Maybe because I see it everywhere else. People are uptight in many towns period from GB, Auburn now even, Roseville, Loomis, seems like they all have their snobs. East Sac is known as snobby but when I spent some time down there, it actually seemed like way more people were happy go lucky and approachable. Maybe not too too friendly but still, some may have at least said hi to you anyhow. Even at Chocolate Fish coffee roasters I had a conversation once. I just think its a suburban thing mostly to be uptight, its nothing exclusive to Granite Bay but if Granite Bay is snooty by any means, they have no reason to be really.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:34 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,961 times
Perhaps Granite Bay and El Dorado Hills are "uppity" by Sacramento standards, but they are big fish in a smaller pond. By the standards of the Bay Area (where many of them cam from and often were priced out of, by the way) they are peons.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:42 PM

I would say the Bay Area is overpriced and unrealistic. Somehow people are still willing to pay outrageous prices, that's why prices are the way the area.

Back on track, 100k income seems above average anywhere except calfornia. Now, I must be able to find a nice home in the eastern suburbs of sac!

Old 07-12-2014, 12:58 AM

762 posts, read 2,031,272 times
100k is great income, great job providing. I know kids who claim that the kids at school call their 3000 sq' home worth about 450k at its absolute low "ghetto". It's a shame since their parents work so hard and the kids just have an unrealistic view of "normal" in that community. It is great for the kids who have a ton of money because they aren't the only ones. I realize that there are plenty of modest areas in gb- but the kids at school tend to see what they "don't" have in comparison to others IMO.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 AM

And this is granite bay we're talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento