Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:57 AM

27 posts, read 128,095 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! So I did get an offer from the company in Yuba City, which plans to move their HQ to the Natomas area.

Here's where I need some help from Guingirl or KidBlue:

So it looks like Folsom/Roseville is out of the question for now since I don't want to have to deal with traffic to either Yuba City or Natomas.

We would like to rent for now and get used to the area. Guingirl mentioned North Natomas and Westlake Village. Can you recommend a specific rental management community? I will probably have to fly out there soon and find a place.

Thanks.

Last edited by ironsteel; 11-10-2006 at 07:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2006, 02:01 PM

424 posts, read 2,696,336 times
Default Rental Company

I have a friend in real estate. I've asked her for ideas about renting in Natomas. I'll get back to you when I hear back from her.

The Natomas area is growing rapidly and there are a lot of very nice new homes and rentals in the area. The area used to be run down and not very nice, but has improved a lot. I'm sure you can find something nice.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
If you are going to work in Yuba, there are a few nice small towns around,, like Lincoln

Old 11-15-2006, 07:16 AM

27 posts, read 128,095 times
I would like to consider Davis as well. What are your thoughts on Davis:

1) Commute to Yuba City is 1+ hr but is that a reverse commute right?

2) Since it's a university community, there must be lots of housing that caters to students. But are there also neighborhoods that are not filled with students?

3) Seems to be a lot of diversity according to city-data's stats.

Any more info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:19 PM
AJY

52 posts, read 236,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsteel View Post
We are looking to relocate from a suburb in MA to the Sacramento area. We visited the area including Folsom and Roseville but didn't find enough time to visit Rocklin, Lincoln and Yuba City. We have a 17-month old and having to know that a good school system is in place in 4.5 years will be a plus too.

Folsom was listed as one of the top places to live in the US in CNN Money last year. And the year before that, Lincoln was a finalist. When we visited Roseville, I thought it was more modern than Folsom but more industrial.

Can someone from the area give us a feel of the neighborhoods and school systems for the cities listed above?

Thanks.
I think Folsom is great with lots of new stores.
Roseville of course has wonderful shopping and great medical facilities and tons of neighborhoods to choose from.Also Roseville has great dining so many places to eat you will never get bored.
Yuba City is not for me, not new, not clean, and has really worn down roads.
Lincoln is also very nice. All of the above have quite a bit of traffic but the amenities are amazing!. It's a hard choice but I think you would be happy with any of them (maybe not Yuba City) Although I do favor Placer County.
It's great because you can drive to the Beach in 3 hours, drive to Reno in 2 hours (From Roseville) or drive to Tahoe in about 1 1/2 hours from Folsom.
A very central location.
I moved from this area and really miss it, can you tell? LOL

Old 01-02-2007, 08:23 PM

553 posts, read 2,331,341 times
Folsom seems to be a great place with reasonable commute times to reach asian food stores in rancho cordova. The other locations are nice but Folsom is in between HWY80 and HWY50 and is close to Roseville and it's shopping. Schools are pretty good there. If you like Folsom and can afford 500K + check out American River Canyon Drive. Beautiful homes, established neighborhoods and sweeping views. If you don't ask someone you may never know it is there.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 PM

424 posts, read 2,696,336 times
Default Folsom and Davis

Except for the high cost of housing, there aren't really negatives about Folsom or Davis. Folsom doesn't have a major mall like Roseville, but Sunrise Mall is only a 25 to 30 minute drive. One plus for Folsom is that there are so many new homes and tons of lease apartments are going in. They will also be building a new Kaiser hospital in Folsom in the next couple of years. There are lots of restaurants and shopping areas in Folsom. I shop there every week and feel safe there. And the outlets are there.....

But the commute from Folsom to Natomas is pretty busy at rush hour. I recently turned down a promotion to an area close to Natomas because I couldn't face the Highway 50 commute and then the Highway 5 transfer. Seems like everytime I drive that route there's a wreck and it takes forever to get home.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 9,256 times
Lightbulb Coming from one who Lives in YC

I have found that my commute to Sac is not bad, there are many many new beautiful homes in South Yuba City. There is a fairly new High School, about 5 years old, and many charter schools, one in Marysville even is specifically geared toward the Arts.
And there are many programs for my daughter, who takes dance classes and plays soccer.
It will be nicer when the movie theater is renovated.
it is the perfect location to drive a little over 2 hours to SF, just about the same amount of time to Santa Cruz, Tahoe and Reno. All lovely vacation spots.
And housing is amazing right now! Many chances to get a deal on a foreclosed home!
I do love Lincoln, went to school there, but the traffic is horrid.
Yuba City is still very home-townie and the people get to know each others families which makes for some really great areas to live.
So, don't brush it off entirely. I would stick to the West side.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 9,256 times
And if you do move to South Yuba City it's Very easy access to HWY 99 and is about 33 miles to Natomas, about an hour drive tops.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,503 times
Default What about Rancho Cordoba?

I'd like to know more about Rancho Cordoba....please, anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento